GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's this daft bint?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/01/04 at 10:26
Regular
That is ripping off Sheryl Crow's 'All I wanna do'. I've just seen it on telly, it sounds terrible, and she clearly thinks she IS Sheryl Crow.

For gods sake, can't people write their own material anymore.

Daft talentless cah.
Fri 23/01/04 at 00:16
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Still, most ripped songs are cack.
Thu 22/01/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ugly Kid Joe's cover of Black Sabbath's N.I.B. is superb, as is Faith No More's cover of War Pigs.
Thu 22/01/04 at 22:23
Regular
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Then again, for every thousand bad covers you get one good one.

I'll have to agree with you there.

I actually enjoyed Travis's slightly comedic cover of Britney Spears 'Baby hit me one more time'.
Thu 22/01/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
How can you listen to those two songs and say they sound the same? The cover makes no attempt to sound different; but is basically rubbish and therefore sounds very different.

Like the last single or not; Amy Studt sounded pretty good for what she was. It was right, she fitted the song. She does not fit a Sheryl Crow song. She does not sound like any of the things in that song have happened to her. It has lost all the atmosphere.

Then again, for every thousand bad covers you get one good one. Joss Stone's version of Fell In Love With a Girl/Boy is a gem. Takes the original, reworks it to fit the performer, sounds great. The original and cover are both fantastic, bot in very, very different ways. In fact, her whole album is covers, and it is bloody great.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:35
Inform me, who is this Amy Stud thing?
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:30
Regular
"cachoo"
damn you. You have a point! :p
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:28
Regular
yeah, but that's half the problem - if you're remixing/'resinging' an old tune, you should add your own character and particular style to it, not just copy it perfectly.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:27
Regular
"cachoo"
Just heard it for the first time and it's not bad. Sounds almost exactly like Sheryl Crow. She's probably just trying to show her talent, and she has got some. Her album is good.
Sat 17/01/04 at 15:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
ive got this theory about record companies.when they have got some that dont like, who is selling record but not enough to make money,they deliberatly give them a crap song so they to sabotage their career.i hated the original and this is worse.its such american song that to sing it without a american accent would sound ridiculous,so she has to sing it with a fake accent,thus making the biggest joke since blue and stevie wonder or westlife winning record of the year or atomic kitten etc...
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
""To the pub...""
LoL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.