GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 FPS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
Are there any decent First Person Shooters on the PS2?

I've played the likes of Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor but theres no decent Quake or Doom style hardcore meaty shooters, even a Goldeneye clone would make me happy.

The N64 was the pinnacle of FPS's in my opinion.
Tue 13/01/04 at 11:28
Regular
MoH sucks nuts, really, but XIII, TimeSplitters 2 and FireWarrior are all great choices.
Tue 13/01/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I thought so, but I'm not a PS23 owner.

PS2. Although a PS23 might be a cool machine ;)
Tue 13/01/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cyclone wrote:
> Half Life has been on PS2 for ever.
>
> Half Life 2 will probably be on PS2. Although I quite seriously doubt
> it could handle it without being severly cut back.

I thought so, but I'm not a PS23 owner. I was sure I've seen the title recently though.

PS2 Half Life 2 *may* appear on PS2, but I think it'll be a hell of a wait, and the grahical cuts will be massive, as you say.
Tue 13/01/04 at 10:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Half Life has been on PS2 for ever.

Half Life 2 will probably be on PS2. Although I quite seriously doubt it could handle it without being severly cut back.
Tue 13/01/04 at 09:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Isnt "Half Life" on Ps2 now?

Its a great PC multiplayer game, so I imagine the PS2 on being the same if it has been implemented.

Gearbox are converting it, and after the pigs ear they made of PC Halo, I don't hold out much hope for it.
Tue 13/01/04 at 08:07
Regular
Elvis wrote:
> theres no decent Quake or Doom style hardcore meaty shooters

Isn't Quake 3 Arena out on PS2? Or is that too old for you?

I loved that game. And Unreal Tournament (PC versions, mind).

Best PS2 FPS out there at the moment is XIII. Not meaty I know, but still better than anything else out now.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mace Griffin - very good game, even if the cutscenes are dog-awful.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
Red Faction slipped my mind, I used to have it and loved it but its not on my shelf any more. Damn.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:34
"cheerios"
Timepsplitters 2, XIII, some old cheap ones like red faction etc are really fun and good.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
Are there any decent First Person Shooters on the PS2?

I've played the likes of Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor but theres no decent Quake or Doom style hardcore meaty shooters, even a Goldeneye clone would make me happy.

The N64 was the pinnacle of FPS's in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.