GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice City's 18 Rating"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Ducks go quack!"
It strikes me as sad when the Best Game Of The PC (PC GAMER)
Vice City is An 18

it means that kids can't play and enjoy the game and can't have anything recent to set their standards by for what to expect from a game

i'm 14 and lucky that i could get my greasy little mits on this fantastic game, i love it

and it makes me angry when people say that Vice City is a bad influence,
one of the main concerns of parents about Vice City is the sexual and drug related theming, this is unfounded by people who have not actually played the game and therefore don't know what they are talking about

1)prostitutes, for those of you who don't know you can pick up prostitutes in Vice City, OK OK it's morally incorrect but in terms of content you are likely to see more action on that episode of Sesame Street you taped accidentally last week(elmo knows how to push my buttons!)

2)Drugs, and quite frankly who cares? many programs or movies rated 12 or over have some sort of reference to drug use.

so why make the best game of the PC an 18?
It means that anyone under 18 will find it difficult or impossible to play this game properly and will have to wait another 6 years or so to experience it by which time it will probably not be worth buying since it will be so dated and there will be better stuff out there.

A Damn Shame!
Wed 14/01/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Surly most popular would be The Sims or Champ Man?
Wed 14/01/04 at 00:30
Regular
"Ducks go quack!"
I didn't SAY it was the best pc game ever, just that it was the most popular and was VOTED the best PC game ever in PC Gamer
Tue 13/01/04 at 16:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Vice City has an 18-rating for a reason. The content, whether you find it offensive or not, is designed with the older gamer in mind.

And if you've got the game, then what's the point in moaning your face off? You should be happy that you've got it when really you shouldn't be allowed. If some 12-year-old isn't permitted to have the game, then that's absolutely fine; they're not meant to anyway.

Anyway, however, contradicting my last point, I have to again raise the issue that if you want Vice City, then you most probably own it already.

Also. Best PC game ever? Heh.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Myni, the Ferocious GTO (Ferrari 250 GTO), the Raver....

Excellent game. The only disadvantage was that if you walked into a swimming pool, you inconveniently died. But it is an old game...
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:51
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Indeed, especially in a mini with the union jack on the roof. It was a suprisinly good game then. I liked the way the cars were renamed so copy right laws werent breached, like the Jaguar into the Jugluar. lol
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Great fun, when you go into the stadium and kill everyone. The best part is arguably knocking mods off of their mopeds and killing them with a sub machine gun.
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:48
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Der Nazi wrote:
> The first GTA was utter tosh, I have to admit, but by the time GTA:
> London 1969 was released, it was excellent.
>

lol

I remember when I first played GTA London, heh that was a laugh. I just drove in to a stadium killing every single player in one faul swoop, then I drove into Big Ben... :^D
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:44
"period drama"
Haha.
*Points*
Loser.

Vice City is a fully justified 18-rating.
And you forgot the limb-hacking, ped squishing and chainsaw gutting.
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:37
Regular
Best PC game? Ahahahaha
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Pliskin wrote:
> It depends on the parents really, if your parents are strict, they may
> not let you play it, but if they don't give a tosh, then you are
> lucky, like me. :P

What do you mean 'lucky'? Just about all kids own VC!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.