GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reviews. How about..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/08/09 at 11:15
"possibly impossible"
Putting a scoring system on the reviews. Then everyone who writes a review can choose from a score (from 1 to 10) when they write their review and you could easily put in an average score for all reviews when anyone searches for the game, or evne have a table with the top 10 scores, linked to their respective game links at GAME if possible.

Also, noticed that the sub Format box never comes up the first time I enter a review and I have to click back when I've finished to get the box to appear.
Wed 19/08/09 at 16:39
Regular
Righty, this should now be fixed. In fact, it's been fixed for a few hours but I've only just had the chance to make a post.

Please let me know if it's still not quite right pb/Emmie.

Thanks.
Wed 19/08/09 at 10:07
"possibly impossible"
Haha, great stuff.
Wed 19/08/09 at 09:47
Regular
Ahh, I've managed to re-create the problem in the ever-fantastic IE6.

Shall be sorted the next time you try. So long as you don't try for a few weeks* :P

*It may actually be resolved in the next hour or 2.
Wed 19/08/09 at 08:19
"possibly impossible"
Emmie87 wrote:
> I have also had the problem and i just normally submit, then
> click go back and there it is. I am running on IE7 also

Thanks Emmie, glad it's not just me then! :D
Wed 19/08/09 at 07:42
Regular
"THFC"
I have also had the problem and i just normally submit, then click go back and there it is. I am running on IE7 also
Tue 18/08/09 at 19:58
"possibly impossible"
It's IE7, work pc.

Thinking it may be more likely an issue with the setup on the laptop. I'll try to do one at home on Win7 and firefox.
Tue 18/08/09 at 16:40
Regular
Actually pb could you tell me what browser/version you are using please? I've just tried Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE7/8 and can't seem to recreate the problem with the sub-format box.
Tue 18/08/09 at 16:35
Regular
If you're talking about game reviews, what would be the difference between your idea and the current 5-star rating that we already provide within the 'game banner' at the top of the pages? Aside from the fact you'd have 5 more levels of rating to choose from :P

I do like the idea of being able to search games by most highly rated though. That's a nice idea indeed.

I'll get the problem you mentioned about the sub format box looked into straight away, thanks for mentioning this.
Tue 18/08/09 at 14:52
Regular
"THFC"
not a bad idea, there are a lack of comments on reviews i find, but then i guess people read it and then move on. They normally hit a decent amount of views, especially winning posts.

But this might encourage more activity in the reviews, or might not lol.
Tue 18/08/09 at 14:33
"Retarded List"
An interesting idea, but far from perfect

10/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.