GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie darko"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 18:24
Regular
"28,06,42,12"
I would like to know you all think of donnie darko i love it and i have it on dvd. do you like or do you hate it?
Tue 13/01/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kat wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> A truly complicated,excellent and original film.watch the film then
> the directors commentary and then the deleted scenes.you are
> unlikely
> to understand it completey unless you do so.
>
> I absolutely loved it, would definitely put in my top 5.
>
> Flockhart - you say directors commentary, do you mean cast
> commentary? Only I love directors commentaries, and I rented DD and
> all there was, was a cast commentary which was quite annoying, cos
> they kept laughing at 'in jokes' and not really telling the audience
> too much about the direction of the film, or the hidden meanings,
> etc. If there is one with the directors commentary on it, I need to
> know!!!

yes there is a directors commentary and the cast commentary was largely annoying but occasionally had something worth knowing
Mon 12/01/04 at 18:27
Yup, you just have to go through the menu to find it. ALternatively, switch audio options during play; one of them should be the director commentary.
Mon 12/01/04 at 18:05
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Flockhart wrote:
> A truly complicated,excellent and original film.watch the film then
> the directors commentary and then the deleted scenes.you are unlikely
> to understand it completey unless you do so.

I absolutely loved it, would definitely put in my top 5.

Flockhart - you say directors commentary, do you mean cast commentary? Only I love directors commentaries, and I rented DD and all there was, was a cast commentary which was quite annoying, cos they kept laughing at 'in jokes' and not really telling the audience too much about the direction of the film, or the hidden meanings, etc. If there is one with the directors commentary on it, I need to know!!!
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:56
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Mad World is such an old song.
>
> See, not trying to single you out Dringo, but this is the kind of
> comment that makes me spit coffee out all over my monitor as I guffaw
> with laughter. This is where I think a lot of the hype from the film
> stems, from people thinking they're 'different' and 'hip' because
> they've seen an independent movie and not many people have heard of
> it.
>
> It's good, don't get me wrong. It's original and all, but the best
> film ever? no way in hell.

Poppycock. I see a film a week and as a blockbuster isn't released every week I therefore see tonnes of independant films... the fact I find Donnie Darko the most ambiguous and enthralling teen movie ever created is my opinion.

I have always been a fan of things which beg questions and require your own understandings to conclude it. I do like closed endings etc... but I prefer this sorta ending. And for that reason Donnie Darko is my favourite film so far.
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
A truly complicated,excellent and original film.watch the film then the directors commentary and then the deleted scenes.you are unlikely to understand it completey unless you do so.
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've never really liked this film. It was interesting, but not very original and pretty crappy. The bit at the end with all the repercussions of the time-travel is like, "well, duh, we figured that out ages ago - like in the 90's when Bill & Ted came out!".
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
News to all Donnie Darko fans -

Its probably going to be re-released in the cinema.

:)
Mon 12/01/04 at 11:47
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> t'was a great film. I picked it up for 7 quid shortly after it was
> released. but it doesn't feature the deleted scenes, which is crap
> because I believe they explain a lot more about the bunny guy, and it
> features a commentary.

The deleted scenes are quite interesting, especially during a conversation between Donnie and his dad.
Mon 12/01/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
There's a new version of the DVD on Play for £5.99. Think it's the same, just a budget price and different cover.
Mon 12/01/04 at 09:38
They explain the origins of the mask I think; and some of the deleted scenes were rather significant and had useful snippets of info, such as the pills Donnie was taking were actually placebos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.