GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"counter strike help"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 14:08
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
my sis wants to play counter strike online and she has downloaded it but she needs a product key to continue

can any of you help?
Thu 15/01/04 at 18:34
Regular
That Bob gives good advice...usually servers like the UK2 ones are full of cheaters so forget those.
Thu 15/01/04 at 16:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Play regulary on a clan server, they usually have admins on the majority of the time so (blatant) cheaters don't last long.
Thu 15/01/04 at 16:26
Regular
Counter Strike is terrible for cheaters. I guarantee that you'll come across one with every few servers you visit.
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:13
Regular
Thanks for clearing that up anyway. I could have swore I spotted something about 'free for 30 days' somewhere during the installation.

Must have been the ol' noggin playing up again...
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:07
Regular
"That's right!"
"Result - free CS!

I think Steam is only free for a month or something though. Not too sure on that one."

CS always has been, and always will be free. As long as you have Half Life.

And, as others said, of course Steam is free.
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:01
Regular
I've kept Steam as well as the Xbox version, so I have the best of both worlds, but I still find the Xbox version so much better. Another good point about it is that there are only a few nobheads in it, whereas the PC version is flooded with them. I don't use voice comms on the PC version anymore but teammates on Xbox actually get along and work together, making for some excellent strategic matches.

Might give the PC version another chance one day, but not yet - maybe when Condition Zero comes out.
Wed 14/01/04 at 12:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
One advantage the PC CS has over the X-Box CS, it's free. That's all I find appealing about the game, you can download it and play it with no charge but you don't have to suffer with it on your hard drive if you don't like it.
Wed 14/01/04 at 09:03
Regular
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> X-Box counter-strike is utter crap, PC Counter-strike walks all over
> it.
>
> That's what I thought. Until I got the Xbox version. You always get a
> top-quality server, no cheaters/hacks and graphically better too.
>
> Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I prefer the Xbox
> version.

Well I did play it at a m8s but for only about 20 minutes. As for the server, as long as you havr your favourites on PC you can always go on a top quality server :)
Wed 14/01/04 at 06:47
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I'm not sad enough to own an X Box so I couldn't possibly say :P
> *Runs*

Sad enough to own one?

I own two.
Tue 13/01/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I'm not sad enough to own an X Box so I couldn't possibly say :P
*Runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.