GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Ever Sitcom"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/01/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Great Scott's"
What a lot of biased rubbish. Ok the Top Ten were all good, well ok then good life is alright, but did anybody else notice that they are all bbc sitcom's?

One Situtional Comedy that i could not believe was not in the top 50! Was Teachers it is truely one of the best and deserved to be in the top 20.
Tue 13/01/04 at 14:27
Regular
Yeah was about to say the next thing from the Spaced team is the comedy horror Shaun of the Dead looks fantastic.

Go to www.empireonline.co.uk for the trailer.
Tue 13/01/04 at 09:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And Spaced?
> What a damn fine show indeed.
> Anyone got info on a new series, I thought I heard something a while
> back.

There might be another series, but the entire crew have just completed the "Shaun of the Dead" movie.
Mon 12/01/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Colourless"
top 6:

Fawlty Towers
Coupling
The Office
My Family
Vicar Of Dibley
Only Fools and Horses
Mon 12/01/04 at 18:31
"period drama"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Some people find alan Partridge rubbish. But I think it is brilliant.
> I have the first series on DVD :D

I love it too.
It's just the most recent series was complete guff.
Old stuff = legendry.

And Spaced?
What a damn fine show indeed.
Anyone got info on a new series, I thought I heard something a while back.

And when Bill Bailey was on some chat show he said something about a new series of Black Books.
If they both come out at the same time, I may splurge.
Mon 12/01/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Whatever!"
My top five:

Fawlty Towers
Men Behaving Badly
Only Fools and Horses
Father Ted
Vicar of Dibley
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> "Spaced"
>
> Best sitcom ever, no competition.

blatantly.
it's practically arthouse comedy :)

Partridge is also class, i picked up both series for £15 a few days back :)
"DAN!... DAN!............. DAN! DAN!... DAAAAAAAAN!!!, he can't have seen me...... DAAAN!!!"

it's a good point that the mass-market stuff will clearly win though, simply through audience share rather than being a good show. A good example of this is "The Pub Landlord" by Al Murray. i got the dvd for christmas and i have to say i was a little disappointed with it. on the one hand it's mostly improvised and i respect the way he comes up with it all on the spot, but the character of the pub landlord is solely aimed at the lowest brow audience, people convinced england is still a world force, and that anything seperated by for than 6 feet of water is foreign land... your basic Sun reader. it's a shame really because is media continues to pander to this audience, they'll remain convinced that their outdated ideals still apply :(

woah, went a little off-topic there!
bottom line, Spaced rules!
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Thank goodness Blackadder is in the top ten. Agree, Red Dwarf should have made it.

I don't know why they bother with this - Only Fools and Horses will probably win and I can't stand the programme.
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I'd say red dwarf or men behaving badly, but I'm not sure if either
> qualify as a sitcom - they're more of a comedy.
>
> how do you define a sitcom? - you, at the back *points*

A "situation comedy."

Men Behaving Badly - look up "sitcom" in a dictionary and there'll be a picture of this programme. It can't be anything other than a sitcom!

Red Dwarf - Last human alive on a spaceship light years away from Earth, again, a sitcom.
Mon 12/01/04 at 09:23
Regular
I'd say red dwarf or men behaving badly, but I'm not sure if either qualify as a sitcom - they're more of a comedy.

how do you define a sitcom? - you, at the back *points*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.