GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"let me tell you why the GBA will overcome all consoles (bar DC)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/01 at 22:11
Regular
because it will be really good.

'(.)'
Mon 17/08/09 at 11:06
"The Boss Lady"
'Back for More' – 2009 by Rob Gallagher MSt

Montage Film Reviews freelance writer Rob Gallagher MSt has written a review of the Gay comedy 'Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild' 2008 (dir. Todd Stephens); in which he looks at how Todd Stephens’ sequel puts a gay spin on the gross-out genre. While there’s a lot wrong with the film in and of itself, as a commentary on Hollywood comedies’ hidden agendas it’s fascinating.

To read the review see here
Sun 25/03/01 at 22:43
Regular
£40

That's right. Nintendo are charging you £40 for a 5 year old Snes game. It's sad isn't it. Especially when in a years time you'll be able to by a super Gamecube version of Mario Kart for just £25!
Sun 25/03/01 at 13:25
"Moderator"
Does anyone know how much the games will cost, and will Mario Kart Advance be out at launch?

'(.)'
Sun 25/03/01 at 12:57
"possibly impossible"
DO I test hardware? I only wish!

No, I know people who are in the games retail business and they tend to get imported hardware and software before it even becomes available in it's original country (usually Japan)

Unfortunately, as I said before, I couldn't afford the £200 asking price for an import GBA and have pre-ordered a UK one for June. They are compatible with foreign games (at least, it works on the Jap one with UK gameboy games) and as for battery life, I don't know yet as my friend only got his the other day and the batteries haven't run out yet. According to Nintendo, the battery life should be somewhere around 20-30 hours play, much more than the Gamegear (I've got one and usually have to play it on the mains!) as it doesn't have a backlight.

I'll post my Gameboy Advanced review on this forum, as no-one seems to actually read the GBA forum anyway!
Sun 25/03/01 at 12:31
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
This topic is degenerating into an interesting topic:)
Sun 25/03/01 at 12:20
Regular
A brand new Metroid has been announced. That's a start...
Sat 24/03/01 at 21:23
Regular
As good as the GBA is, Nintendo are still doing everything in their power to rip us off.

They want to charge us £40 for Snes games or £40 for Mario 2 from the Nes.

If they treated their customers well then they would create a sequel to Super Mario World. Yes. A brand new game on the GBA.

Ironic isn't it. The Nintendo who are so generous in terms of new games and prices with the Gamecube are trying to squeeze every last penny out of it's GBA fans.
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:41
Regular
"You've upset me"
pb wrote:

So you have a GBA pb?

do you test hardware and crap like that for a job?
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:38
"Moderator"
So does the GBA have good sound? where are the speakers? How about the loading times?

im really considering pre-ordering one, apparently they're universaly used, so i can pick one up in Hong Kong, and play EU games on it.

'(.)'

Also, how is it on Battery Juice, is it advisable to get a mains adaptor (ive had many a bad experience with my Game Gear... im sure those of you who have had one will know what i mean)

'(.)'
Fri 23/03/01 at 22:39
Regular
This is a good argument will it or won't it?
It won't because it doesn't have the power to even be as good as them but if Nintendo get's enough tird parties to develop for them it will be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.