GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"members page"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/08/09 at 12:57
Regular
hi all
is it posible to make a page available to members only,ie password protected
Thu 20/08/09 at 13:10
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Just so you know Hmmm, nothing on the FTP will be different from viewing source in my Internet browser since your security solution you have chosen is in JavaScript which is completely client side coded and therefore available within a client browser.

Since your functions are all client side (presuming this is only a JS password login) then they will be reverse engineer-able.
Thu 20/08/09 at 13:13
"Are you sure?"
Just so you know LukeM, I meant no 'peeping' at the files on my web space to see where the members page is.

I can 'see' a Freeola staffie has already looked at the members page!!! :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Thu 20/08/09 at 13:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I can 'see' a Freeola staffie has already looked at the members
> page!!! :¬P

That would be me, as I have nowhere near enough knowledge to crack this, I was 'reverse-engineering' a solution. LukeM knows nothing of what I discovered however :)
Thu 20/08/09 at 13:28
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Lol, I do realise, however if I were to attempt to crack this, the only valid way would be to tell you the password, not to look at the page.

Damn ButchML for peeping! But anyways, this challenge is open until the password has been revealed by the cracker in my eyes.
Thu 20/08/09 at 13:37
"Are you sure?"
ButchML wrote:
> That would be me...

lol - you guys! I specifically said NO CHEATING! :¬)

I think I've sort of proved my point that you can use JavaScript to 'protect' a members page. No it isn't robust but a half decent script seems to be able to keep most surfers out!

Warhunt seems to think I'm wasting my time (I am!) but thought the effort was worth it to reply to Eccles & LukeM's earlier posts.

I can see some of Freeola's biggest brains (not just staffies) have had a go ;¬)

So IMO if this page is safe guarding the local WI's recipes it would do...

Thu 20/08/09 at 13:55
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hmmm... wrote.....
> Warhunt seems to think I'm wasting my time (I am!) but thought
> the effort was worth it to reply to Eccles & LukeM's earlier
> posts.

Haha always me ain't it? No matter how nice i try to be :( LOL
No idea what I said to make you see "I think you are wasting your time" but ...meh....not important. :D

I actually thought it was fun. But I didn't have the time to look into it myself, as I'm busy. (Plus I wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway)
Thu 20/08/09 at 14:03
"Are you sure?"
Don't be so touchy! :¬)

Ha ha if anyone has time to do this rather than work, I think they need to be scalped :D -
that was what I meant about me 'wasting my time' - and I'm in agreement with you!

EDIT: I think I've read you all wrong!
were you referring to people trying the challenge? I thought you meant it was me that should be 'scalped'! :¬P

This all goes back to my InstantPro Javascript/Adsense post - I just mentioned (picking on Eccles not you!) that this was another thing to look forward to when the InstantPro JavaScript plugin is available.

Thu 20/08/09 at 14:13
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha yeah I meant our staff. Mainly a dig seen as I'm so busy lol :D

And my other post was meant light hearted too, haha, maybe I just shouldn't post :D Bah humbug and all that :P

I think LukeM was fairly close by the way. He was making all the right noises :D
Thu 20/08/09 at 15:14
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I was not making any noises Warhunt!! :S lol

Well I'm meant to be working anyways, stop trying to distract me Hmmm! The hashing function in JavaScript is mighty, I think the only way to reverse it, would not to reverse it and brute force it instead.

I'll try it when I get home from work :D I love the challenge Hmmm, a colleague suggested a "challenge Hmmm" forum!

Oh I need a scalping :'(
Thu 20/08/09 at 15:24
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
A serious scalping! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.