GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Peer Pressure"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 14:36
Regular
"cachoo"
Have you ever felt the pressure from your friends? To do something you so badly don't want to do?
The words Peer Pressure, makes your friends sound like enemies. Especially if you have been pressured and think of all the things you have felt you have been made to do.

This was kind of inspired from SHEEPY's topic 'First time for everything', only because I thought that most of the things
I'd done in that list were influenced. By alcohol, of course. But friends push you to drink..! So you 'want' to fit in.
Have you ever felt you've been pressured into doing something? Like smoking your first cigarette or joint, stolen something, or having sex? Or anything else. Or have you ever turned down something because you're not stupid? And then have the grief of getting laughed at by them, or not fitting in.
A lot of people have real friends who wouldn't laugh at them and would accept their choice. But I didn't hang around with the right people so wouldn't know about that! ;)

So.. interesting to know. Have you ever felt pressured into doing something you don't want to? Tell us your stories! :)
Thu 15/01/04 at 15:31
Regular
Sigh chill out.
Thu 15/01/04 at 01:29
Regular
"Woop-wooop-wooop"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> I posted that 5 days ago o_O

And that makes it less relevant?
Thu 15/01/04 at 01:29
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> I posted that 5 days ago o_O

s**t happens
Thu 15/01/04 at 01:25
Regular
I posted that 5 days ago o_O
Thu 15/01/04 at 00:19
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> Being older doesn't mean you have to drink to show your age.

no not at all!
Tue 13/01/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Colourless"
Not really affected by peer pressure. Have been offered things at times,just said no. But like "someone" said, friends don't pressure you and understand, so really I've just made friends with people who I trust and also don't partake in these illegal things...
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:06
"Darth Vader 3442321"
When offered drugs always remember the following: WWSD?

What would Sammo do?
Tue 13/01/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ms NY wrote:
> English_Bloke wrote:
> I said no to drugs, that lost me a small group of
> "friends".
>
> Do you think it was it worth it, though?

In the short term, no. In the long term, yes, most definitely.
Tue 13/01/04 at 15:55
"Darth Vader 3442321"
My friends once pressured me into taking Spanish lessons; el bastardos! I'm now able to converse with people from "other" countries, which makes me a weirdo and a social pariah.

"Saggy's doing his funny talk with them there funny folk"
Sat 10/01/04 at 19:16
Regular
I got pressured into smoking ciggarettes once, but in the end I eventually chose to do it myself, regardless of my friends opinion.

I tend to avoid falling to peer pressure on most occasions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.