GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Debating Tournament - Advise please :D"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 00:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Hello everyone, a few of you may remember a while back that I entered in to a debating tournament representing my school. Well me and my partner were victorous and now round two is just a couple of weeks away and I have to prepare! The motion this time is...

This house would disband the Monarchy.

My team is proposing this motion so basically we want to tell those wasters down there in England to get off their throwns and leave. I have written just under a page of sort of note arguments if you will. I just sat down and typed points that I thought I could maybe use but in no particular order and with no research lol. I do think I have a few good points to make though and I'd like it if some of you could have a read and maybe suggest improvements and other points aswell? Thank you for your time guys and gals :D

----------Monarcy Debating Work---------------
The Monarchy itself is not a family built on tradition, as the opposition would have us believe. Maybe at one point hundreds of years ago but now the monarchy is nothing more than a racist and classist way of appointing an entire family to a status that allows them all to live a life of luxury at our expense. Having a monarchy simply means that by blood there will always be a White Anglo-Saxon King or Queen of high class and status in society. Anyone can run for Prime Minister if they so desire whether they are black or white or from a variety of social and ethical groups. The monarchy on the other hand denies their status to all ethnic groups of society. Surely the opposition cannot condone such an obviously racist part of our society. What is this tradition you speak off?

If tradition means so much now then why did it not mean anything when the monarchy changed their names? Just so as not to be associated with the Germans. Already they have changed their identities but kept the money for themselves. Tradition is nothing more than a memory to them. Even events such as the Trooping Of The Colours are not even held on the actual birthday of the Queen. That’s not tradition, that’s an excuse to gain tourism, and who says we can’t have that same parade every year without relating it to the Monarchy? As I’m sure many of you would agree we don’t need much of an excuse to throw a party.

At one point the smartest men in the world would argue that woman would never gain enfranchisement but that passed, at one point it was believe that women could not go to university, become doctors or lawyers but all of these things in our society have changed. Are the opposition really saying that they are so arrogant as to completely deny the obvious fact that there have been and will be major changes in our society. The passing of the monarchy is inevitable only the opposition is too blind to see it.

What use is the monarchy in affairs regarding the general running of GB? To my knowledge despite the fact that the Queen has met weekly with a vast variety of prime ministers who have come and gone over the years she is simply told what is happening and told what to say. The monarchy may look nice on a stamp but where’s the power they used to have? I can imagine her meeting with Tony Blair now…

Tony – “Lovely cup of Tea your highness, oh did I tell you we are invading Iran this week? It’s been in all the tabloids. Maybe you read about it?”

Their power is gone and they should leave too.

I have never seen a poorer excuse for a family in my life! To those of you that say the Monarchy represent Britain we the proposition would argue that anything they really haven’t been giving us some good press lately or well…ever to my knowledge. When I say the phrase “Dysfunctional family” I’m sure many of you would think of a family such as the Osbournes. Another exceedingly wealthy family who have been thrust into the public eye. However it occurs to me that although they are dysfunctional at least they come across as actually loving and caring about each other. Can you imagine Christmas day with the Monarchy!? Some family members are excluded while their children get an invite? It’s clear that the monarchy can’t stand each other so why should we tolerate them? The answer is we shouldn’t.

-----------

Comments? :D
Fri 09/01/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol quite :D
Fri 09/01/04 at 14:12
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Cubist wrote:
> I was going to cover money when they say "Well what would you
> have instead then?" because I am obviously going to say an
> elected official such as a President like in the USA. Money really
> isn't a factor as whatever the replacement would be they'd cost just
> as much. Just think about how George Dubya costs lol. At least he is
> voted for democratically though against opponents of all different
> walks of life who obviously also run as a third party.

Why do you need to replace them? We have a government AND a mayor, that's enough!!! It's the attraction that I think they will argue - that people specifically come to London because of the monarchy (changing of the guards and all that pants).

Like with any business (which effectively the country is) the government will have to sit down and make a list of things that we can do to bring more money into the business, or some way of turning the end of the monarchy into a huge thing, and then gradually enhance other attractions to bring the punters in!

Anyway, why do they care, we're in so much debt anyway!!!
Fri 09/01/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I was going to cover money when they say "Well what would you have instead then?" because I am obviously going to say an elected official such as a President like in the USA. Money really isn't a factor as whatever the replacement would be they'd cost just as much. Just think about how George Dubya costs lol. At least he is voted for democratically though against opponents of all different walks of life who obviously also run as a third party.
Fri 09/01/04 at 13:35
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
You seemed to have covered everything, but the one argument that the other side will keep throwing back at you is money.

I'm not sure how many people are encouraged to visit the UK to see our Queen - I can't think of many, but the other side will argue that it does bring money into the country.

I think the whole royal family is a complete waste of time. If the money they have tied up, is released and put back into the economy, it would probably cover the tiny amount we do get from tourism for the rest of our time on Earth!

I was appalled to hear that Tony Blair called the Queen to congratulate her on the Rugby.

and appalled that she wouldn't even give the throne up for her son, she's so greedy that she didn't want him to have it for even a couple of years.
Fri 09/01/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
*cough* Oops, did I pop that to the top? Silly me *waits eagerly for replies with help :P*
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Hello everyone, a few of you may remember a while back that I entered in to a debating tournament representing my school. Well me and my partner were victorous and now round two is just a couple of weeks away and I have to prepare! The motion this time is...

This house would disband the Monarchy.

My team is proposing this motion so basically we want to tell those wasters down there in England to get off their throwns and leave. I have written just under a page of sort of note arguments if you will. I just sat down and typed points that I thought I could maybe use but in no particular order and with no research lol. I do think I have a few good points to make though and I'd like it if some of you could have a read and maybe suggest improvements and other points aswell? Thank you for your time guys and gals :D

----------Monarcy Debating Work---------------
The Monarchy itself is not a family built on tradition, as the opposition would have us believe. Maybe at one point hundreds of years ago but now the monarchy is nothing more than a racist and classist way of appointing an entire family to a status that allows them all to live a life of luxury at our expense. Having a monarchy simply means that by blood there will always be a White Anglo-Saxon King or Queen of high class and status in society. Anyone can run for Prime Minister if they so desire whether they are black or white or from a variety of social and ethical groups. The monarchy on the other hand denies their status to all ethnic groups of society. Surely the opposition cannot condone such an obviously racist part of our society. What is this tradition you speak off?

If tradition means so much now then why did it not mean anything when the monarchy changed their names? Just so as not to be associated with the Germans. Already they have changed their identities but kept the money for themselves. Tradition is nothing more than a memory to them. Even events such as the Trooping Of The Colours are not even held on the actual birthday of the Queen. That’s not tradition, that’s an excuse to gain tourism, and who says we can’t have that same parade every year without relating it to the Monarchy? As I’m sure many of you would agree we don’t need much of an excuse to throw a party.

At one point the smartest men in the world would argue that woman would never gain enfranchisement but that passed, at one point it was believe that women could not go to university, become doctors or lawyers but all of these things in our society have changed. Are the opposition really saying that they are so arrogant as to completely deny the obvious fact that there have been and will be major changes in our society. The passing of the monarchy is inevitable only the opposition is too blind to see it.

What use is the monarchy in affairs regarding the general running of GB? To my knowledge despite the fact that the Queen has met weekly with a vast variety of prime ministers who have come and gone over the years she is simply told what is happening and told what to say. The monarchy may look nice on a stamp but where’s the power they used to have? I can imagine her meeting with Tony Blair now…

Tony – “Lovely cup of Tea your highness, oh did I tell you we are invading Iran this week? It’s been in all the tabloids. Maybe you read about it?”

Their power is gone and they should leave too.

I have never seen a poorer excuse for a family in my life! To those of you that say the Monarchy represent Britain we the proposition would argue that anything they really haven’t been giving us some good press lately or well…ever to my knowledge. When I say the phrase “Dysfunctional family” I’m sure many of you would think of a family such as the Osbournes. Another exceedingly wealthy family who have been thrust into the public eye. However it occurs to me that although they are dysfunctional at least they come across as actually loving and caring about each other. Can you imagine Christmas day with the Monarchy!? Some family members are excluded while their children get an invite? It’s clear that the monarchy can’t stand each other so why should we tolerate them? The answer is we shouldn’t.

-----------

Comments? :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.