GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meeting People"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't you think it's quite sad when you meet someone you really like and for some reason just lose contact with them?

Or even just somebody you talk to sometimes at work or even just one night at a pub or something and then that's them gone and you'll probably never see them again. Or old friends in general, I remember being at primary school and thinking that everyone would still know each other years later. Yet from my class I still talk to three, one of which is my girlfriend. People I used to like at Secondary School I never see anymore, people from old jobs who I spent miserable 10 hour shifts beside disappear out your life. Even relatives who you only ever see at Christmas, I just find it said. Especially looking back and the rose tinted glasses of nostalgia take hold, even though at the time it was crap you still feel sad that such a time is over.

Ah well I just thought I'd write a little piece because I met my oldest friend at work the other night and it's strange how people change when you don't see them as much, people you'd tell anything to suddenly can become complete strangers.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It's not just losing contact it's the way people change and you're forced to drift apart.

I'm not good at meeting new people, that's why I don't like losing touch with old friends.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:21
Regular
friends-reunited is a god send, I've spoke to people I haven't seen for years through that.

I am lucky in that a hell of a lot of my friends from school and that have stuck together.

but yeah, nostalgia and times gone by mean a lot to me.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
friends reunited is a lot of help. i find it easier to type then talk and it gives you time to think
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:20
"I love yo... lamp."
I know what you mean. I've made and lost a great many friends over the years. I always try to keep contact with people I meet.

Sometimes when I have not seen someone in a while I'll phone them up and arrange to meet them for a drink. Do it. Very rarely is it anything other than a good laugh. Sometimes it makes you resolve to keep in touch, other times to let go of the past. Either way, it is worth it.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:19
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
A serious post by SHEEPY.

Got to me too.

I miss a lot of people. In my new job I have little in common with people other then the job. I see little to nothing of my old friends too.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:16
Regular
I know exactly what you mean sheepy, I've lost contact with a lot of people I really enjoyed hanging around with.

I just put it down to 'that's life'. I still keep their numbers and speak to them when I can, but you've got to accept that it'll happen, but just think - you meet new and interesting people all the time.

It's a mini adventure.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't you think it's quite sad when you meet someone you really like and for some reason just lose contact with them?

Or even just somebody you talk to sometimes at work or even just one night at a pub or something and then that's them gone and you'll probably never see them again. Or old friends in general, I remember being at primary school and thinking that everyone would still know each other years later. Yet from my class I still talk to three, one of which is my girlfriend. People I used to like at Secondary School I never see anymore, people from old jobs who I spent miserable 10 hour shifts beside disappear out your life. Even relatives who you only ever see at Christmas, I just find it said. Especially looking back and the rose tinted glasses of nostalgia take hold, even though at the time it was crap you still feel sad that such a time is over.

Ah well I just thought I'd write a little piece because I met my oldest friend at work the other night and it's strange how people change when you don't see them as much, people you'd tell anything to suddenly can become complete strangers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.