GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meeting People"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't you think it's quite sad when you meet someone you really like and for some reason just lose contact with them?

Or even just somebody you talk to sometimes at work or even just one night at a pub or something and then that's them gone and you'll probably never see them again. Or old friends in general, I remember being at primary school and thinking that everyone would still know each other years later. Yet from my class I still talk to three, one of which is my girlfriend. People I used to like at Secondary School I never see anymore, people from old jobs who I spent miserable 10 hour shifts beside disappear out your life. Even relatives who you only ever see at Christmas, I just find it said. Especially looking back and the rose tinted glasses of nostalgia take hold, even though at the time it was crap you still feel sad that such a time is over.

Ah well I just thought I'd write a little piece because I met my oldest friend at work the other night and it's strange how people change when you don't see them as much, people you'd tell anything to suddenly can become complete strangers.
Fri 09/01/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I know what you mean, too.

Although, I don't really feel quite that strongly about saying goodbye to people who were just work-mates, or something. But with the people you've been friends with for a number of years - definitley!

The only ever "best-friend" I've had, I haven't seen since 1995! He and his familly all migrated to Australia, and I've never really had a friend quite as good as him. At the time, I never really thought much of it... "I'll see him again!", was about it, really. I wasn't serious enough. And I began to realise, years later, how-much I did miss him.

It's affected me in the long-run, too. Since he left, without at first noticing, I've found it harder to connect better with other friends. Perhaps, because I don't want to feel like I'm replacing him?
I've had a lot of people act friendly towards me and show an interest, but, I've never really taken the time to do anything about it... Only, ignored them.

Thankfully, I've realised this, now, though. And, things are starting to look better. I'm "accpeting" more new-people into my life, and it's all getting better..

I still do want to see him again, though, just to "catch-up" on things. And going to Australia is something I want to do, anyway. I like to believe that "people never change" and that it's only certain-things about them (like interests) that may alter. Still, I do worry as to how different he could really be, since we have gone through the teenage years, seperately... Would he still want to see me?

Worst thing is, I haven't heard from him in about the same time since he moved. We were writing back-and-forth, but, after only a matter of months, that soon stopped, suddenly, and no-one I knew could get a reply from anyone. He was on about moving-house over there, at the time; so, I can only assume - and hope - that is all that has happened.

For all I know, when I do go, I could be on a "wild goose chase" around the whole of Australia! I mean, who's to say he still lives there; what if they've moved-country again, for example?! Where do I start looking when I get to Oz?? He could be ANYWHERE, by now....

But I still want to find-out, some-day.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I hate phones and therefore text message everyone if I need to tell them something.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Heh. Although it can be productive. Probably one of my best friends became that because I spoke to her online a lot. We knew each other offline, but rarely saw each other and were unlikely to phone or anything. But MSN and text messages bring the world closer together.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah, but then they might date rape you in an alley.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:44
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> " Hi, so you're X? "
>
> " Hi, yeah so you're Sheepy? "
>
> " So... nice mole "

"Hi, so you're sheepy?"
"Wanna get trashed?"
"Hell yes!"
"Now you're talking my language!"

you see, we're all the same inside! :D
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" Hi, so you're X? "

" Hi, yeah so you're Sheepy? "

" So... nice mole "
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't think I'd like to meet internet people, too weird.
Regular
I'm pretty much the same.

I have a different accent in real life though.
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> I'm more miserable and serious in the real world

*points and laughs*

but if I was ever to meet any of you lot, I'd know what you were REALLY like, and your shy exterior just wouldn't wash
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm more miserable and serious in the real world

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.