GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate Americans because:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 04:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
1) America refuses to sign the Kyoto protocol, making it almost impossible to pass into law.
Thu 08/01/04 at 04:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
1) America refuses to sign the Kyoto protocol, making it almost impossible to pass into law.
Thu 08/01/04 at 07:04
Regular
Never knew about that. Looks like there should be no question about supporting something which will help the environment.

What's the US' reasons for not signing?
Thu 08/01/04 at 08:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Never knew about that. Looks like there should be no question about
> supporting something which will help the environment.
>
> What's the US' reasons for not signing?

> money! what else.
Thu 08/01/04 at 10:25
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> Never knew about that. Looks like there should be no question about
> supporting something which will help the environment.
>
> What's the US' reasons for not signing?

1) It will damage the US economy.

2) Of those signed, many have not ratified it (as in they signed but did nothing else), and many just ignore it anyway.

3) The only ones actually doing something are the ones who have something to gain from - i.e. selling parts of their emissions allowance to other countries for money and goods.

4) Because those in favour refuse to back down or negotiate terms, and because they lack any kind of political power to challenge US diplomacy, why should America care? It's just one more thing people whine about.
Thu 08/01/04 at 10:56
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Yes because all Americans supported the action.

Bush didn't even get the majority vote, I don't know why Joe Public gets such a bad rap.

Politically, anyway.
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'We recognise Global Warming exists and is a scientific reality, but to do anything about it would damage the economy too much, henceforth we are not going to be taking action'

Something to that effect. I can't remember where I read it.
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:27
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
It all seems a little short sighted really...

Fact is that humans will probably be extinct in a couple of millenium, and one of the most likely reasons for it is global warming.

Just wait until people in the third world are dying of famine in a couple of hundred years.
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:34
El Blokey wrote:
> Yes because all Americans supported the action.
>
> Bush didn't even get the majority vote, I don't know why Joe Public
> gets such a bad rap.
>
Agreed. Just because a nation is led by those who are wrong/guilty of breaking the law, doesn't mean the entire population should take the blame. Though some Americans are rather arrogant, but I suppose you get that everywhere.
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ok, so the topic should be "I hate America because:". In fact, I quite like most Americans - a lot of my family is American.

One thing that annoys me about almost all Americans though, is that they have no idea how badly they are governed. In my experience, it's only when Americans come over to places in Europe and see that most people walk or cycle a lot of their journeys, that we get free healthcare and that our education is a lot cheaper than theirs that they realise just how bad their deal is.

As a result they live in blissful ignorance of how great their country could really be.

Sonic
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:17
"I love yo... lamp."
I was over there for a month on a business trip back in the summer. Went to a few parties and stuff. One of the folk I met there thought America was the best place in the world.

"It's the land of the free, we can drive and stuff at like 15"
"You can drink in Britain at 14"
"Oh"
"And we have teletext"

Far too many are arrogant idiots, but most of them learn.

As for the much mentioned Bush never had a majority thing, true, he did not. But neither did Gore. Gore had almost 500,000 more votes in total throughout the country, but due to the horrendously stupid electoral college votes thing it meant he lost.

Funniest thing is that the electoral college votes don't legally have to go to the winner of the state. Classic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.