GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate Americans because:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 04:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
1) America refuses to sign the Kyoto protocol, making it almost impossible to pass into law.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> As for the much mentioned Bush never had a majority thing, true, he
> did not. But neither did Gore. Gore had almost 500,000 more votes in
> total throughout the country, but due to the horrendously stupid
> electoral college votes thing it meant he lost.

You know, the problem is actually just as bad here. Each of the three parties has (apparantly) about a third of the popular vote, but due to the "stupid" way we allocate seats, it means that labour would still win by a massive, massive majority again! It's quite easy for parties to have a minority of the popular vote and still win too... we've just never had it come up before.

Oh, and if you look at the percentage of people who actually voted etc, turns out that a pathetic percentage of people who have the right to vote actually voted for Blair.

> Funniest thing is that the electoral college votes don't legally have
> to go to the winner of the state. Classic.

Ah yes... to stop the uninformed masses from voting an idiot into power.... hold on...

Sonic
Thu 08/01/04 at 23:33
Yep, Gamecentral (Digi revamped) is the main reason why I read it.
Thu 08/01/04 at 23:25
"I love yo... lamp."
The reason I mentioned it is that I have an Aunt in the States, and they don't have it over there. She liked it for getting headlines quickly and checking the weather.

Also it used to have Digitiser.
Thu 08/01/04 at 23:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, teletext. Can you imagine a world without it?

It's so clever!
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:51
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> "It's the land of the free, we can drive and stuff at like
> 15"
> "You can drink in Britain at 14"
> "Oh"
> "And we have teletext"
>
>

I've missed Teletext when I was at uni - a valuable resource, and easy to use in a self contained environment.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:39
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
too true :)
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Haha, teletext.

Reeks of Britishness to me. I.e, it's useless genius!
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:32
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Van The Man wrote:
> The main reason I hate Americans is because they know nothing about
> the outside world. Most couldn't even find a map of America on a
> world map. They also believe everyone plays the same sports as them
> and that anyone who doesn't is an idiot.
> There is also their culture and tastes, and how they think everyone
> should have the same culture as them, and if someone doesn't they
> should be invaded. Then there is their political bullying, and THEN
> there is how they call themselves "land of the free" and
> all that rubbish. I think there are plenty of other "free"
> countries in the world, such as us.
>
> Feel free to add to this list.

Ignorance of any outside country really ticks me off, oh and the fact that most outside country is getting Americanised with too many things for me to list *cough, Mc Donalds cough*

Well that's my 2 cen...pence
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:24
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
The main reason I hate Americans is because they know nothing about the outside world. Most couldn't even find a map of America on a world map. They also believe everyone plays the same sports as them and that anyone who doesn't is an idiot.
There is also their culture and tastes, and how they think everyone should have the same culture as them, and if someone doesn't they should be invaded. Then there is their political bullying, and THEN there is how they call themselves "land of the free" and all that rubbish. I think there are plenty of other "free" countries in the world, such as us.

Feel free to add to this list.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:17
"I love yo... lamp."
I was over there for a month on a business trip back in the summer. Went to a few parties and stuff. One of the folk I met there thought America was the best place in the world.

"It's the land of the free, we can drive and stuff at like 15"
"You can drink in Britain at 14"
"Oh"
"And we have teletext"

Far too many are arrogant idiots, but most of them learn.

As for the much mentioned Bush never had a majority thing, true, he did not. But neither did Gore. Gore had almost 500,000 more votes in total throughout the country, but due to the horrendously stupid electoral college votes thing it meant he lost.

Funniest thing is that the electoral college votes don't legally have to go to the winner of the state. Classic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.