GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flights..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
... If anyone has seen an advert in the paper for £40 flights to Barcelona

DON'T BOOK ONE!

By the time that all the other expenses are added on to your £40 flight, it costs nearly £100!
Thu 08/01/04 at 19:23
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Ready wrote:
> Don't get one from 'My Travel Lite' (this is the company who boasts
> £40 flights, yeah right!)

Slander!
Thu 08/01/04 at 19:31
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Darling wrote:
> Ready wrote:
> Don't get one from 'My Travel Lite' (this is the company who boasts
> £40 flights, yeah right!)
>
>
> Slander!

?What?
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:34
"possibly impossible"
As some bloke with a funny name once sang, I believe I can fly. Of course, this involves paying stupid parking fees and hopinh your luggage gets there in one piece.

I'm taking an N64 this year to build up my console collection in Spain, that way if it's too hot/cold I can play games instead. Yahoo!
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> I want to go on holiday without my parents this year.
>
> Hmmmm whos coming with me!?

I'm stuck on where to go. Last year I went to Japan for a month by myself (having cancelled my trip to SARS infected China). This year I had been thinking of taking the trans-mongolian express to China and touring the country for a month (or so), but lately I've had doubts. Now I'm thinking of going out to Singapore (perhaps the cleanest and safest city on Earth) and then either:

1) Working during the day somewhere (like Starbucks) and then going to expat bars in the evenings to meet people

2) Working in an expat bar and using the day to meet people.

Following this I could then move on to Malaysia and the rest of SE Asia.

Any ideas?

Sonic
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Light of the world"
I love to travel and have been lucky to have travelled as much as i have o far but the far and middle east i have not touched - other than Tunisia (dont go there)

What is the far east like? It would be an experience indeed

If you like hiking and a beautiful place try Austria in summertime. One of my favourite places
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:50
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> If you like hiking and a beautiful place try Austria in summertime.
> One of my favourite places

Genious!!

*gets more idea of what do to with gap year*
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Light of the world"
You could always go to Spain or south america...

There are lots of gap organisations in foreign countries that are brilliant. If you went to a foreign country for a gap you would come nigh fluent after a year - honestly. The volunteer work must be amazing what some of them do is volunteer for so many months helping at a school maybe then the rest you work and travel around. Great stuff
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:56
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
well...in September i am *hopefully* going to Uni for 3 years, after that i wanna travel for a year, like back-packing or working and partying in another country!
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:56
Regular
"Plate of glue"
pb wrote:
> I'm taking an N64 this year to build up my console collection in
> Spain, that way if it's too hot/cold I can play games instead.

What region is spain? Is it PAL?
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> What is the far east like? It would be an experience indeed

The far East is fantastic. I loved Japan because it had such a unique culture, and (not taking into the increadibly high costs of things) was VERY tourist friendly - there are great youth hostels (usually hotel-like or temple conversions), excellent public transport, and most people you come across in cities can speak enough English if you need. Even outside of cities, where few people speak English, you can still get by quite easily. (Although I'm big on learning the languages of the places you go before you get there). Oh, and the two highlights of the trip were: 1) It's easy to meet people when you go out. 2) All the temples etc have been rebuilt whenever there's been a disaster - so everything is as it was hundreds of years ago.

China is also great, but for completely different reasons. Unlike the clean cities of Japan, the cities of China are busy sweaty places. The thing I love is the enourmaty of the countries tourist attractions - the forbidden city is collosal, the great wall is magnificant, and the terracota army is unbelievable. It really is such a rich country, which is why I want to go and stay there for as long as I can.. once I learn Mandarin!! :S

Anyway, that's enough of my ranting. I love most of the countries in that area - from India to Thailand - hopefully I'll get to spend more time there every summer

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.