GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drumming"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Are any of you lot a drummer/do you play the drums? (And yes, those questions are different).

Just asking out of curiosity.
And I don't want people chipping in saying, "No, but I play the guitar" etc, because that's not the question.
And I don't care about your pitiful guitars.
Thu 08/01/04 at 21:45
Regular
Note - I am rubbish on the guitar, but I do have fun. I spend roughly between an hour or two a day just messing about. Nothing serious, just random tabs that I know off by heart, or chords just mashed together to form something that resembles a tune.
Thu 08/01/04 at 21:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Just to outdo you, I have both a bass and an electric. The bass has no amp, mind, and it tends to hurt my fingers if I play it for more than an hour, but I do have a bass.

I play my guitar for a few hours a day, at least, usually and occasionally mess about a bit with the bass, you can get quite a good sound of it without an amp, unlike a standard electric guitar.
Thu 08/01/04 at 21:33
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I've been drumming for a bit more than 3 years. Play a bit a guitar too. I got a double-bass pedal thang over them xmas holidays, and my birthdays soon so methinks I'm gonna put some money into getting a funky chinese cymbal.
Thu 08/01/04 at 21:32
Regular
Like I mentioned before, I play the guitar quite often because I love it. I love my guitar, its like a woman, I can pull all its strings and shut it up when I want to.

Although I would also like to learn the Bass as a side project, Bass intrigues me a lot and I love the "sleekness" bass guitars insert into songs.

Anyway, back on with the original topic, I did have a dabble in the drums a few years back, its fun and interesting, but it takes practice. Lots of practice and effort.

HHAT - Practice and Effort.
Thu 08/01/04 at 19:49
Regular
I find Bass Guitars much cooler and more straight-forward than our normal electric guitars, because i love the sound of smooth, flowy bass. in fact, given my earphone shape, i can hum along to my songs and add my own bass chords, because they earphones make your ears airtight - like putting your fingers in your ears and speaking.
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:22
Regular
"That's right!"
Goatboy wrote:
otherwise you end up with a mish-mash crapfest stealing from 28 Days Later, Aliens, The Thing and Assualt on Precinct 13

-------

Actually, I'm already stealing from all of those films but one (28 Days Later was crap) But your other ideas aren't bad. It shall be unoriginal to the end!
Thu 08/01/04 at 02:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
No, but I play guitar.
Wed 07/01/04 at 23:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> So far I have someone (whoever the main character is) setting off the
> explosives to kill all the aliens, and himself before the aliens can
> turn his brains into jelly. Exactly. Not very original indeed.
---

That's the airvent bit from Aliens with Vasquez & Hudson, you can't have that.
If you do need to do a siege movie, make it cheesily good fun like Dog Soldiers, otherwise you end up with a mish-mash crapfest stealing from 28 Days Later, Aliens, The Thing and Assualt on Precinct 13
Wed 07/01/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Goatboy, if you want to be of any use to the world, help me come up
> with an original ending to my OH SO un-original screenplay about
> soldiers holed up in a building against hordes of aliens.
---

*thinks*
You have the cowardly one finally show come courage.
Have the brash bully one killed to death.
Have the scientist woman survive and snog quiet hero soldier.
And make sure to suggest the aliens survived after all.

Hey, might as well be cliche to the end.
Wed 07/01/04 at 23:36
Regular
"That's right!"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
so unless the main character is guy, no running off to have sex.

------

Bah. Meant "main character is gay"

Stupid MoJo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.