GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There appears to be an epidemic of the word 'best' and a nasty virus going round that makes people totally indecisive, so much so that they start sounding like complete idiots.

Examples:

What is the best game this year?
I just bought a new PC is it any good?
Which is better Rainbow Six or SOCOM?
What's the best movie you ever saw?
Where should I go to uni?

On all the forums that I took these examples from, the disease spread like wildfire, and within a few hours there were more threads appearing from more indecisive mongs along the lines of:

What is the best game released last week?
Should I upgrade to Windows XP from DOS?
Which is better NFS:U or THUG?
What's the best DVD you have?
Why should I go to uni?

Enough of this. Make your own damn minds up.
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Yes. Infact you are wearing a T-shirt that says how much you are loving him.
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Do I love FantasyMeister?
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I know what you mean.

It's like the word "ever" - which is gradually making its way into everything in the entire world; not just the internet.

If someone now has an opinion over something, they now only have two; it is either the "best thing ever" or "worst thing I have ever seen".
There's nothing in between, anymore. Nothing's just "average" or "quite good" - it's only one or the other.

If, in football, a player scores his first goal as a professional, it is not his "first goal ever". If someone's breaks some kind of record, it becomes the "best ever" (and, again, we see the use of the word "best" - even in THIS example).

Songs, musics, films, games, sport, TV, cars, work, life....
"EVER"-ything has been infected by this constant lack of opinionation amongst the average `21st Century manī.

It all seemed to start on the internet, too - just have a look on these very forums; it's all you people EVER say!! :P
Wed 07/01/04 at 17:43
Regular
": ("
What is the best out of need for speed and thug.
Wed 07/01/04 at 17:06
"I love yo... lamp."
It was a sarcastic reply.
Wed 07/01/04 at 16:42
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's like forgetting how to breathe, once you know you remember!
Wed 07/01/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Ye a know"
he may have forgottan,he has been registered a long time
Wed 07/01/04 at 16:32
Regular
"SOUP!"
I have a creeping suspicious he is taking the michael.
Wed 07/01/04 at 15:05
"I love yo... lamp."
M16 wrote:
> How do I win GAD?

Do whatever you did 3 times before.
Wed 07/01/04 at 15:05
"I love yo... lamp."
Adellion does sound good. I await a proper release.

Though I also am fairly excited about the Matrix MMORPG. Should lead us nicely into the fourth movie. Surely to goodness they'll do a better job than with Enter The Matrix.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.