GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interactive Storys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/03/01 at 19:16
Regular
Video games and movies are both rivals, Videos are an adventure while video games is an adventure which you control. But is the idea of a video games being an interactive movie the wrong way to go?

The problem with an interactive movie is the story is already set out and there is little room for you to manipulate this adventure. Wouldn't it be great if you are put more in control of the game.

How many of you would liked to of given Zelda a little slap when she asked for your help call her crazy go back to Kokiri forest and start up a little farm, when you get to the end of Nugget bridge in Pokemon and you are asked if you would like to join Team rocket how many of you wanted to say yes or in Perfect Dark wouldn't it be interesting if you would kill DR Carol and become an Agent for Datadyne rather than start the mission again.

But is a game where the player is put more in control of the way the game heads an actual possibility? Can developers do something like this?

Well the answer is yes as Nintendo are already working on it in the form of a game called Animal Forest. The idea is that you control a character who has no set adventure and that the life you lead with this person completley depends on the choices you make. The choices you make changes the world which you live in and your world will be completley unique to you and no one will have the same world as you. You can download your character on to a memory card and get him to explore other peoples worlds.

This is a story, an adventure which you create for yourself and gets rid of these linear adventures. Nintendo has declared that one day all games will be done like this.

But are they right are these types of games the future of gaming?

What do you think?

Here's to the future

Dringo
Sun 29/04/01 at 18:58
Regular
Did it work?
Sun 29/04/01 at 18:54
Regular
My favourite topics have been those that end:

"I claim zelda formy gamaday prise. thnk u."
Sun 29/04/01 at 18:49
Regular
Asking for a Gameaday might work or it might not.
Sat 21/04/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
KermitBoy wrote:
> Special Reserve give me a game please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've
> entered loads of cheats and reviews but not a winner let me win
> please!

I have never seen you before and best way to get one is not to ask for one!
Sat 21/04/01 at 20:25
Regular
Mr. Dark wrote:
"You have to write good not long. It doesn't matter how long it is, if it's good, it will win!"

I won a game for a sentence.

At least, that's what we all think, anyway.
Sat 21/04/01 at 19:59
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Thats right but it has to show some effort!!

:-D
Sat 21/04/01 at 17:15
You have to write good not long. It doesn't matter how long it is, if it's good, it will win!
Sat 21/04/01 at 17:11
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
So have I Kermit. Lots of contributions, no games. I know that I write things too long but I can't help it. Is it discrimination not to award people who write long reviews/comments? I can't help it! I find it impossible to write anything shorter! AAAARRRRRRRRGGH!
Sat 21/04/01 at 17:10
KB, i know your not Dringo, 'cause he has just left my house, but why post it in this forum, why not make your own?
Sat 21/04/01 at 17:08
Special Reserve give me a game please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've entered loads of cheats and reviews but not a winner let me win please!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.