GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWI veteran dies."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/08/09 at 16:12
Regular
Sun 09/08/09 at 20:31
Regular
Please do not feed the trolls.
Sun 09/08/09 at 18:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> I'm with you Numnut!
>
> Yesterday I did 'report' the post below as to me it just looked
> like trolling - I would have deleted it if I was a mod on
> this forum!

Thanks to both of you, Hmmm and Numnut, for your response to the post - totally agree.

I happen to be old enough to remember the end of the 2nd World War and all the problems that ensued thereafter. I also have many fond memories of family and relations who suffered loss as a result of both World Wars - my great great cousin, sent to Flanders with three 'joined' fingers to fight - died three days later etc etc. My father, Fleet Air Arm, Bismark and Scharnhorst, Pacific Fleet and VJ Day. My father-in-law, Para - Pegasus Bridge and Arnhem etc. My son, RAF Regiment etc etc.

Where you are now only exists because a few sacrificed their lives for a dream which they believed in......go walk the 1st World War/2nd World War battle fields now and you will be .........

PS

quote " Good riddens, soldiers are scum"

Nearly forgot,
1. Spelling indicates lack of ....
2. Many people from all walks of life (not just soldiers), sacrificed their lives so that this 'poster' could receive a good education...obviously very worthwhile :-)
Sun 09/08/09 at 18:10
"Are you sure?"
I'm with you Numnut!

Yesterday I did 'report' the post below as to me it just looked like trolling - I would have deleted it if I was a mod on this forum!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 09/08/09 at 17:01
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Azulander wrote:
> Good riddens, soldiers are scum

That's not very friendly.....

Each to their own and all that, but it is worth remembering that the soldiers around in WW1 and WW2 actually fought for their country, not their next paycheck -it wasn't a job, more of an obligation.

Whether you agree with their cause or not you have to have a certain amount of respect for someone who is prepared to give their life for something they believe in.

That's just what I think, what you think is up to you.
Sat 08/08/09 at 15:11
Regular
Good riddens, soldiers are scum
Thu 06/08/09 at 20:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Alfonse wrote:
> Haha, sorry. I just got confused as you said something completely
> different earlier. My bad.

Lol if you read it again, i did actually say even though i don't know him. But hey, we can all agree its sad. This year it will be that little bit sadder when we go to Belgium :( (Even though it's technically recognising the heroes in WW2 its all I do for remembrance)
Thu 06/08/09 at 19:58
Regular
Haha, sorry. I just got confused as you said something completely different earlier. My bad.
Thu 06/08/09 at 19:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sigh. Let me clarify for you.

You have infact more or less quoted exactly what I was trying to point out. Regardless of whether the man affected my life directly, he fought in a war which did so........I feel a loss even though I did not know him.

It seems we agree. Let's go back and forth agreeing over and over ;D
Thu 06/08/09 at 19:45
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
> I didn't know the man so how can I claim he had anything to do
> with me directly? :S
>
> It's like saying when some bloke accidently dies who I never
> heard of etc etc.
>
> But yeah is sad news, and even though I did not know the man, I
> feel a sense of loss.

He was down in the trenches preparing to fight for not only our country, but for the future generations that would eventually live here. So yes, he does have something to do with you.

There's a difference between him, and a random person dying who has done nothing for you.
Thu 06/08/09 at 19:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I didn't know the man so how can I claim he had anything to do with me directly? :S

It's like saying when some bloke accidently dies who I never heard of etc etc.

But yeah is sad news, and even though I did not know the man, I feel a sense of loss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.