GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWI veteran dies."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/08/09 at 16:12
Regular
Tue 11/08/09 at 09:34
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The news keeps seeming to changing their mind on whether he was or not >_<

Anyway to clarify he signed in the Royal Navy from 1916, and served on a flagship for the First Battle Squadron after his training had completed in 1917.

The war ended a year later after Choules had witnessed the surrender of the German Navy in 1918, and the scuttling of the german fleet.

So yeah I guess he was a veteran.
Mon 10/08/09 at 17:45
Regular
Uh, no. Firstly, there's no standard for what constitutes a veteran. A veteran is simply a veteran.
Secondly, if you're going to talk about length of service, Choules served in both world wars, so...
Mon 10/08/09 at 13:31
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
He is not a veteran i didn't think. He is the last survivor but didnt actually take part in the war (or not to qualify as a vet)

Or something like that.
Mon 10/08/09 at 13:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
> And to get back on topic, watched the funeral ceremony the other
> day. Really good send off, for the last WW1 vet, it was more
> about the soldiers collectively but still...

Claude Choules is the last (official) WW1 vet. Harry Patch was the last survivor of the western front.
Mon 10/08/09 at 10:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Aye, cheers. I'll talk to him, but I don't think it's an error. Something you may want to know however is I am considering another Moderator. Whether this is needed is needed or not is the main consideration at the moment.

And to get back on topic, watched the funeral ceremony the other day. Really good send off, for the last WW1 vet, it was more about the soldiers collectively but still...
Mon 10/08/09 at 09:30
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Think I have mentioned a few times it is not an error.

In this thread Eccles says:

"I'm guessing they haven't realised they're showing as a moderator at the moment. "

I'll try to not mention this again as you seem quite happy with things.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 10/08/09 at 09:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hmmm... wrote:

> Have you thought about becoming a moderator for this forum?
> I think pb is the only real one at the moment - plasmahead is
> listed but I believe that's an error.

Think I have mentioned a few times it is not an error. And the report goes to an inbox monitored by various members of staff.

Get the post back on topic for now though, ignoring people's views if you don't like them. (Which I have to say, I don't agree with him as I have had my view)
Sun 09/08/09 at 22:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi DL,
> Hopefully you've also 'reported' the post as well?
> As I mentioned I did yesterday - but I'm not sure where the
> 'report' goes...
>
>
> Have you thought about becoming a moderator for this forum?
> I think pb is the only real one at the moment - plasmahead is
> listed but I believe that's an error.

I'm flattered that anyone should ask, Hmmm. I have considered it and I would be willing to help 'overworked' pb, but I don't really know what is involved or the amount of 'time' required. I visit the forums, but I don't post that regularly. :-)
Sun 09/08/09 at 20:47
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
Hopefully you've also 'reported' the post as well?
As I mentioned I did yesterday - but I'm not sure where the 'report' goes...

Have you thought about becoming a moderator for this forum?
I think pb is the only real one at the moment - plasmahead is listed but I believe that's an error.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 09/08/09 at 20:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
> Please do not feed the trolls.

No offence Alfonse and I shouldn't have replied - but I was crying when I posted.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.