GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"S.W.A.T"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 15:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Special. Weapons. And. Tactics.

Well if you like a man rolling on the grass for no aparent reason this is the film for you! With no aparent story line until the last 15 minutes, you cant really understand the film at all. There are few things I want to comment on:

The music:
Please, the film would have been better if they hadnt the help from the music department. It was old and out of place. They had action, they had romantic music on. It was in the end just wailing in the background, it honestly was.

The Random scenes:
This had to be the worse thing I have ever seen in a film. We do NOT need a scene where its just got a man boxing! Come on what is that about, he wasnt even a character! Another scene called 'Girl runs on beach'. Erm... okay we didnt need this at all, again not a character in the film, but she was there, running for her life because the tide was coming in. The story wasnt set at the beach for crying out loud! The guy or gal who made this film must have just thought it would be fun just to stick a random scene in, there were about 3 of these scenes. From a man boxing and a woman swimming to a random murder which didnt get explained at the end.

The speed and the slowness:
The film was only one hour and a half or something like that. So to make it shorter they decided to film the parts with action in at a very high speed. So one minute a guy was been shot at the next he was on the ground cold. It went like this through al the action parts. But during the not so attention grabbing scenes like when they are just talking, it makes sure you get every last detail. Horribly slow and borring.

Oh yes my favorite parts, the attempts to make the film exciting:
Dont do it! There was no need, honestly when there was action and it wasnt traveling at high speeds on the screen, it was very good. But to try and even it out they stuck in the extra exciting bits... *shudders* ...it was bad, they had one scene where they just through in an extra dead body from no where just to keep it going. Which never got explaned in the end. Maybe that was the aim, to make suspense for S.W.A.T 2 because a lot of people wanted to know why a dead body just flew over the fence. I know I did, maybe all will be explained in the next film if there is one.

I would give this film a 5/10 and for the last half an hour maybe 7/10.
For comedy, which it wasnt try to achieve at all, 7/10.
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Woteva"
Silën† Thundêr ™ wrote:
> This had to be the worse thing I have ever seen in a film. We do NOT
> need a scene where its just got a man boxing! Come on what is that
> about, he wasnt even a character! Another scene called 'Girl runs on
> beach'. Erm... okay we didnt need this at all, again not a character
> in the film, but she was there, running for her life because the tide
> was coming in. The story wasnt set at the beach for crying out loud!
> The guy or gal who made this film must have just thought it would be
> fun just to stick a random scene in, there were about 3 of these
> scenes. From a man boxing and a woman swimming to a random murder
> which didnt get explained at the end.

Erm...it was Colin Farell boxing, it was Colin Farell on the beach. And what random murder?
>
> The speed and the slowness:
> The film was only one hour and a half or something like that. So to
> make it shorter they decided to film the parts with action in at a
> very high speed. So one minute a guy was been shot at the next he was
> on the ground cold. It went like this through al the action parts.
> But during the not so attention grabbing scenes like when they are
> just talking, it makes sure you get every last detail. Horribly slow
> and borring.

Erm...it was 117 minutes...
>
> Oh yes my favorite parts, the attempts to make the film exciting:
> Dont do it! There was no need, honestly when there was action and it
> wasnt traveling at high speeds on the screen, it was very good. But
> to try and even it out they stuck in the extra exciting bits...
> *shudders* ...it was bad, they had one scene where they just through
> in an extra dead body from no where just to keep it going. Which
> never got explaned in the end. Maybe that was the aim, to make
> suspense for S.W.A.T 2 because a lot of people wanted to know why a
> dead body just flew over the fence. I know I did, maybe all will be
> explained in the next film if there is one.

What are you on about? A dead body over a fence? Wha!?
>
> I would give this film a 5/10 and for the last half an hour maybe
> 7/10.
> For comedy, which it wasnt try to achieve at all, 7/10.
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:32
Regular
"Swivel!"
Not really, but most films push the accelarator on action at the end. I'm definetly getting the D.V.D. when it's out.
Mon 05/01/04 at 14:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Mike Swade wrote:
> I could kind of tell that the hobo crossing the street was gonna turn
> around and be a terrorist. But i didn't think that one of the guys
> would double cross the others and become a traitor later on. That was
> good.

Yeah I knew as well, I liked it when they were running through the sewers and when the plane landed on the bridge. That was a bit dodgy, but still great. Did you think the action was sped up?
Mon 05/01/04 at 14:07
Regular
"Swivel!"
I could kind of tell that the hobo crossing the street was gonna turn around and be a terrorist. But i didn't think that one of the guys would double cross the others and become a traitor later on. That was good.
Mon 05/01/04 at 11:08
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Mike Swade wrote:
> I thought that the part where they got stuck down that street was
> good. Where they got ambushed and hundreds of amred people shot at
> them out of windows and 2 or 3 trucks which piled the end of the
> streets, trapping them in.

Yeah I like that bit too, but I found it un real because they wouldnt scarifice all those police men and women just to move a decoy out of the city.
Mon 05/01/04 at 11:02
Regular
"Swivel!"
I thought that the part where they got stuck down that street was good. Where they got ambushed and hundreds of amred people shot at them out of windows and 2 or 3 trucks which piled the end of the streets, trapping them in.
Mon 05/01/04 at 09:43
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Mike Swade wrote:
> I thought the music was alright, a bit of Jimi Hendrix in the
> background of the training scenes did the film a bit of good. And i
> thought the acting was alright for the kind of film it was. And if
> you had all forgotten there was a storlyine. The start was like an
> intro to the story, well it was actually, and then they caught up on
> what had happened earlier in the later part of the film. I'd have to
> say that there was a storyline throughout the film. He had to train
> the team up, which took the middle part of a film as a storyline, and
> then the final part was a catchup with the once, good, bad guy. So
> there you have it, if you were paying attention to the middle of the
> film, you'd know that they inter-twine-d, another short stroyline in
> the middle of the film, with the police chief and Samuel L. Jackson's
> character. And a great cast fo characters, KUDOS to the booking
> squad of that film.

But the beggining of the story line took ages to develop and seem to last for ever until the action happened, but that was speeded up for some reason. I did think the end of the film was great it had really good scenes with quite a lot of action.
Sun 04/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
Needed Brian Blessed as a SWAT guy.
Sun 04/01/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Swivel!"
I thought the music was alright, a bit of Jimi Hendrix in the background of the training scenes did the film a bit of good. And i thought the acting was alright for the kind of film it was. And if you had all forgotten there was a storlyine. The start was like an intro to the story, well it was actually, and then they caught up on what had happened earlier in the later part of the film. I'd have to say that there was a storyline throughout the film. He had to train the team up, which took the middle part of a film as a storyline, and then the final part was a catchup with the once, good, bad guy. So there you have it, if you were paying attention to the middle of the film, you'd know that they inter-twine-d, another short stroyline in the middle of the film, with the police chief and Samuel L. Jackson's character. And a great cast fo characters, KUDOS to the booking squad of that film.
Sat 03/01/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Colourless"
Saw it on holiday in America in August when it was just out there. I thought it was quite good actually.

I dont know whether they've edited it at all for england....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.