GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"S.W.A.T"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 15:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Special. Weapons. And. Tactics.

Well if you like a man rolling on the grass for no aparent reason this is the film for you! With no aparent story line until the last 15 minutes, you cant really understand the film at all. There are few things I want to comment on:

The music:
Please, the film would have been better if they hadnt the help from the music department. It was old and out of place. They had action, they had romantic music on. It was in the end just wailing in the background, it honestly was.

The Random scenes:
This had to be the worse thing I have ever seen in a film. We do NOT need a scene where its just got a man boxing! Come on what is that about, he wasnt even a character! Another scene called 'Girl runs on beach'. Erm... okay we didnt need this at all, again not a character in the film, but she was there, running for her life because the tide was coming in. The story wasnt set at the beach for crying out loud! The guy or gal who made this film must have just thought it would be fun just to stick a random scene in, there were about 3 of these scenes. From a man boxing and a woman swimming to a random murder which didnt get explained at the end.

The speed and the slowness:
The film was only one hour and a half or something like that. So to make it shorter they decided to film the parts with action in at a very high speed. So one minute a guy was been shot at the next he was on the ground cold. It went like this through al the action parts. But during the not so attention grabbing scenes like when they are just talking, it makes sure you get every last detail. Horribly slow and borring.

Oh yes my favorite parts, the attempts to make the film exciting:
Dont do it! There was no need, honestly when there was action and it wasnt traveling at high speeds on the screen, it was very good. But to try and even it out they stuck in the extra exciting bits... *shudders* ...it was bad, they had one scene where they just through in an extra dead body from no where just to keep it going. Which never got explaned in the end. Maybe that was the aim, to make suspense for S.W.A.T 2 because a lot of people wanted to know why a dead body just flew over the fence. I know I did, maybe all will be explained in the next film if there is one.

I would give this film a 5/10 and for the last half an hour maybe 7/10.
For comedy, which it wasnt try to achieve at all, 7/10.
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Special. Weapons. And. Tactics.

Well if you like a man rolling on the grass for no aparent reason this is the film for you! With no aparent story line until the last 15 minutes, you cant really understand the film at all. There are few things I want to comment on:

The music:
Please, the film would have been better if they hadnt the help from the music department. It was old and out of place. They had action, they had romantic music on. It was in the end just wailing in the background, it honestly was.

The Random scenes:
This had to be the worse thing I have ever seen in a film. We do NOT need a scene where its just got a man boxing! Come on what is that about, he wasnt even a character! Another scene called 'Girl runs on beach'. Erm... okay we didnt need this at all, again not a character in the film, but she was there, running for her life because the tide was coming in. The story wasnt set at the beach for crying out loud! The guy or gal who made this film must have just thought it would be fun just to stick a random scene in, there were about 3 of these scenes. From a man boxing and a woman swimming to a random murder which didnt get explained at the end.

The speed and the slowness:
The film was only one hour and a half or something like that. So to make it shorter they decided to film the parts with action in at a very high speed. So one minute a guy was been shot at the next he was on the ground cold. It went like this through al the action parts. But during the not so attention grabbing scenes like when they are just talking, it makes sure you get every last detail. Horribly slow and borring.

Oh yes my favorite parts, the attempts to make the film exciting:
Dont do it! There was no need, honestly when there was action and it wasnt traveling at high speeds on the screen, it was very good. But to try and even it out they stuck in the extra exciting bits... *shudders* ...it was bad, they had one scene where they just through in an extra dead body from no where just to keep it going. Which never got explaned in the end. Maybe that was the aim, to make suspense for S.W.A.T 2 because a lot of people wanted to know why a dead body just flew over the fence. I know I did, maybe all will be explained in the next film if there is one.

I would give this film a 5/10 and for the last half an hour maybe 7/10.
For comedy, which it wasnt try to achieve at all, 7/10.
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:29
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
I wondered where you'd got to, you were typing this!
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:33
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Ready wrote:
> I wondered where you'd got to, you were typing this!

Yes I was and you are actually gonna read it?
Sat 03/01/04 at 16:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Silën† Thundêr ™ wrote:
> Ready wrote:
> I wondered where you'd got to, you were typing this!
>
> Yes I was and you are actually gonna read it?

I didnt think so.
Sat 03/01/04 at 16:25
Regular
"hotter"
SWAT didnt really have much of a story line until the end like you said. What did you think of the acting? I thought it was quite comical, maybe it was because the director dude hadnt really thought about it at all. I thought the worst bit of action must have been, the example you gave, when that guy just rolled across the ground for no reason in the firing range.
As for the music I dont totally agree with you because some parts of the music did fit in, like at the firing range when they had that bet on, the music definetly fitted in then.
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Yeah I agree with that, definetly. As for the acting, it was kind of rushed in my point of view. So that could have been the 'director dudes' fault yes.
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:56
Regular
When I think of SWAT, I think of the guys running across the roof on the original Blue Brothers film, going 'HAH HAH HAH HAH HI HI HI HI HI' for no reason whatsoever.

true story
Sat 03/01/04 at 18:01
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> When I think of SWAT, I think of the guys running across the roof on
> the original Blue Brothers film, going 'HAH HAH HAH HAH HI HI HI HI
> HI' for no reason whatsoever.
>
> true story

Well it wasnt that bad, but then again when I think about it...
Sat 03/01/04 at 20:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Silën† Thundêr ™ wrote:

> Well it wasnt that bad, but then again when I think about it...

what, insulting the blues brothers. i wouldt not stand for it, if i hadnt got to go.

i didnt think swat was that bad (but then again i enjoy all films) it had the typical farrell role and sam l jackson role. it was hardly a box office smash hit, but a great time waster.

i went to see lotr at leicster square. a big rip off for the crappy seats. but even these crappest werent that bad. i thought it was the best of the three and just squeezed in as film of 2003 for me.
Sat 03/01/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Colourless"
Saw it on holiday in America in August when it was just out there. I thought it was quite good actually.

I dont know whether they've edited it at all for england....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.