GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"S.W.A.T"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 15:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Special. Weapons. And. Tactics.

Well if you like a man rolling on the grass for no aparent reason this is the film for you! With no aparent story line until the last 15 minutes, you cant really understand the film at all. There are few things I want to comment on:

The music:
Please, the film would have been better if they hadnt the help from the music department. It was old and out of place. They had action, they had romantic music on. It was in the end just wailing in the background, it honestly was.

The Random scenes:
This had to be the worse thing I have ever seen in a film. We do NOT need a scene where its just got a man boxing! Come on what is that about, he wasnt even a character! Another scene called 'Girl runs on beach'. Erm... okay we didnt need this at all, again not a character in the film, but she was there, running for her life because the tide was coming in. The story wasnt set at the beach for crying out loud! The guy or gal who made this film must have just thought it would be fun just to stick a random scene in, there were about 3 of these scenes. From a man boxing and a woman swimming to a random murder which didnt get explained at the end.

The speed and the slowness:
The film was only one hour and a half or something like that. So to make it shorter they decided to film the parts with action in at a very high speed. So one minute a guy was been shot at the next he was on the ground cold. It went like this through al the action parts. But during the not so attention grabbing scenes like when they are just talking, it makes sure you get every last detail. Horribly slow and borring.

Oh yes my favorite parts, the attempts to make the film exciting:
Dont do it! There was no need, honestly when there was action and it wasnt traveling at high speeds on the screen, it was very good. But to try and even it out they stuck in the extra exciting bits... *shudders* ...it was bad, they had one scene where they just through in an extra dead body from no where just to keep it going. Which never got explaned in the end. Maybe that was the aim, to make suspense for S.W.A.T 2 because a lot of people wanted to know why a dead body just flew over the fence. I know I did, maybe all will be explained in the next film if there is one.

I would give this film a 5/10 and for the last half an hour maybe 7/10.
For comedy, which it wasnt try to achieve at all, 7/10.
Thu 08/01/04 at 10:53
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
I'd like to point out that I was FORCED to watch the film!!! I wouldn't have picked it in a million years. Also I hate watching pirates, if you're gonna watch a film you should at least give a chance from the start with decent sound and picture quality. I don't think you can blame the bad cinematography on that though!

Would you classify Kill Bill as an action film?
Wed 07/01/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah but you'd watch it if they wore little shiny pants and "grappled"
Wed 07/01/04 at 23:30
Regular
"That's right!"
The Matrix was, at its core, an action film. And that didn't make crap hold its nose.

Aliens is another example of a superior action film. Of course, both of these films were mixed genres (sci fi and horror)

And, yes, even *I* didn't go and see SWAT. Films like The Fast & The Furious just make me want to punch a wall until I bleed, so I knew I'd dislike it.
Wed 07/01/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you go and watch a movie called "S.W.A.T", then you forfeit the right to complain that it sucked.
Of course it did. These movies are for Americans to "Yeehaw!" to and pubsecent boys to get hard at explosions.

Action movies stink so bad they make crap hold it's nose.
Wed 07/01/04 at 21:44
Regular
Mike Swade wrote:
> When i saw S.W.A.T. in the cinema i saw the trailer for 2 more good
> upcoming films. Torque is the first, and Scary movie 3 is the
> second, both look seriously great.

I've seen Scary Movie 3 and it's utter rubbish. There's about 1 scene that's actually funny the rest are just stupid. Big dissapointment. Don't waste your money on it.
Wed 07/01/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Swivel!"
How can u bad mouth S.W.A.T. i dont want to insult anyone's intelligence but did u watch it hard enough, coz there was a storyline. It may be like Matrix to some people, u may have to watch it twice to fully understand it.
Wed 07/01/04 at 15:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Azul wrote:
> Any film with the Godlike Sammy J playing the cool cop has got to be
> good.

He was in xXx, and don't get me started on how bad that film was.
Wed 07/01/04 at 15:20
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Thank you! I watched it with somebody else, and the other person loved it, and I was forced to keep my mouth shut throughout it and watch THE WHOLE THING. I did a lot of thinking throughout the film. Plus it was a pirate dvd, so c**p sound and picture quality.

I just found every single bit of it terrible, it was so clearly made for kids, who haven't seen many other films to compare it to, and enjoy a bit of action without storyline. It's the sort of film you can fall asleep for half an hour through, wake up and catch up straight away.

I think every line that was written for them and every scene has been done before in some other film!

It looked promising when Colin Farrell took his top off in the beginning, but he didn't do that again.

I give it 2/10 - 1 for Farrell taking his top off, and 1 for Samuel L Jackson being in it.
Tue 06/01/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Swivel!"
When i saw S.W.A.T. in the cinema i saw the trailer for 2 more good upcoming films. Torque is the first, and Scary movie 3 is the second, both look seriously great.
Mon 05/01/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Any film with the Godlike Sammy J playing the cool cop has got to be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.