GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOTR & HARRY POTTER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 11:06
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Which is the best out of these titles?
Wed 07/01/04 at 19:45
Regular
No.
Wed 07/01/04 at 17:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The Harry Potter books are brilliant but the movies are dull.
The Lord of the Rings books are dull but the movies are brilliant.
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:02
Maverick42 wrote:
> LOTR is epic. As are the films, whereas Harry Potter
> movies are poorly acted, terribly directed and, in a word, dull.

Too true. Id watch LOTR for the pure brilliance, and use Harry Potter as a torture technique...
Mon 05/01/04 at 22:56
Regular
Hm, well it's LOTR in every sense. Anyone who tells you otherwise really should be ashamed of themselves.

Harry Potter books are well-written in the way that they are engrossing and magical for children/teens, yet they lack a certain originality, spark and imagination that is apparent in books like LOTR. I don't dislike Harry Potter (I own them all), but the franchise seriously is overrated. Phillip Pullman, Roald Dahl and Terry Pratchett have produced superior pieces of literature - with so much more variation. No doubt JK Rowling has talent, but one refined Harry Potter book would have been sufficient. She cannot seem to break away from one thing; she just doesn't seem creative enough to be among the greats.

Tolkein, however, IS great. He was everything a brilliant writer should be and thus produced some exempliary work. He is better in every sense. LOTR is epic. As are the films, whereas Harry Potter movies are poorly acted, terribly directed and, in a word, dull.
Mon 05/01/04 at 20:51
"cheerios"
Without doubt Lord Of The Rings, (movie wise). But for a girl who's 12 years old, she might not be too interested in Lord Of The Rings. But what do I know...
Sat 03/01/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
I think I'll go for LOTR, Slice pointed me in the right direction, thanks!
Sat 03/01/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
lord of the rings rocks man the games are goooood
Sat 03/01/04 at 18:38
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Mystique, what's funny?!
Sat 03/01/04 at 18:15
Regular
Ready wrote:
> Young, I'm 18!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sat 03/01/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Well how old is your sister?

She is 12!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.