GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 16:43
"The full impact of death can only be felt until you have lost a loved one."

I'm posting this because after hearing so many stories of people dying on the news, I haven't felt a single bit of emotion towards them or their families. Even more individual deaths, such as those of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, failed to generate any feelings other than sympathy for their parents.

It could be because I have no heart (metaphorically speaking), or just that I haven't lost someone that I genuinly care for yet. Until the time comes, who knows?

Erm... anyway, discuss.
Mon 29/12/03 at 19:06
Being one of the youngest members of the entire family, I wasn't really in the position to comfort those around me during my granddad's funeral - but I did seem rather helpless looking around with barely any emotion (sure i was sad) whilst others cried their hearts out.
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Icarus wrote:
But what if you really
> lost someone you genuinely cared for - say someone you talked to
> everyday?

Thats happened to me twice. A close family member and a friend i saw and talked to every day. I never shed a tear, I spent my time supporting everyone else around me, I miss them sometimes, but i get on just as well as I did when they were here. I'm not devastated, far from it, people dying is part of life.
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:45
You say that you wouldn't be in pieces if you never see your family again, as you hardly speak to them anyway. But what if you really lost someone you genuinely cared for - say someone you talked to everyday? Would you be in tears, or experience the same emotion as you would with any other death, be it a relative or stranger? That's what I'm unsure about.
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
If you look at my 5 things post you'll probably get a fair idea of how I would answer here due to my thing number 3.

I do feel I am devoid of emotion a bit when it comes to death, and I have lost people close to me.
Mon 29/12/03 at 17:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
I do not think death would bother me personally, it would just bother me to know that those who loved me would be upset. I think death is the ultimate neutral, not good or bad but a non-fictional version of purgatory. An empty white-washed room with uncomfy seats and a formica coffee table. We wait here until we are called through a door by a woman in a white dress, and we are reborn. However those who don't beleive in reincarnation stay in the waiting room forever, wishing they beleived in something other than an expanse of nothingness.
Mon 29/12/03 at 16:43
"The full impact of death can only be felt until you have lost a loved one."

I'm posting this because after hearing so many stories of people dying on the news, I haven't felt a single bit of emotion towards them or their families. Even more individual deaths, such as those of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, failed to generate any feelings other than sympathy for their parents.

It could be because I have no heart (metaphorically speaking), or just that I haven't lost someone that I genuinly care for yet. Until the time comes, who knows?

Erm... anyway, discuss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.