GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killing for good...right or wrong?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/12/03 at 21:17
Regular
"None Stored"
Do you think it is right to kill someone who has done wrong in their life? I'm not talking about the death penalty or the Military, I mean just a normal person like you or me going out and killing drug-dealers, pimps, terrorists etc.

I believe this is right, I feel that people should be punished for what they do in life. Some people just deserve to die.
Mon 29/12/03 at 17:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah, I don't like you, you Commie who looked at me nastily, I'm gunna kill you. BANG!

No you bloody well shouldn't go around killing people because of what they are for several reasons;

A) Anyone could kill anyone just because they were a 'bad person'
B) It'd be morally repulsive, even worse than a drug dealer etc
C) Define a drug dealer to me. Oh, right, the shifty guy openly handing out pakages on street corners.

Jesus Christ!
Mon 29/12/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Light wrote:
> RoJ wrote:
> If you want to stop the flow of drugs you have to go to the source.
> Hard I know, but it is the only way.
>
> Heh. Or you could do what Holland did?

A good few friends of mine would enjoy that.
Mon 29/12/03 at 17:28
Regular
"None Stored"
But who are the Police? They are just like you or me, but in a uniform. If a Police Officer shot a man dead in the street for armed robbery, it would be no different from a civilian doing it. Other than the media outrage...
Mon 29/12/03 at 16:06
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
oldmanfunk wrote:
> I believe this is right, I feel that people should be punished for
> what they do in life. Some people just deserve to die.

Heh, and you hate Phone Booth :D.

I can't agree with the idea that anyone, anywhere should be able to kill another human being. I think capital punishment is, from what I know of it, just and fair in extreme cases (take the Washington Sniper sentenced to death last month; a suitable sentence in my opinion; however, even capital punishment is highly debatable) but to extend it to anyone else but Government forces would be frankly insane.

In a world with the American tectonic plate still floating, civilian-to-other civilian killings, terrorist or pimp or whatever, uncontrolled, shouldn't ever be allowed.
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:02
Regular
Is anyone else quite scared of oldmanfunk now? :^)

Nobody's perfect, and if random people can determine and enforce morality we'll all be shopping for coffins.

Personally, I think the animal rights extremists who commit criminal damage and even kill to prevent animal testing act completely immorally, but for them it's a moral crusade. I think we can see the kinds of cycles that could emerge here...
Mon 29/12/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I don't believe it is the duty of anyone within society but the police and military to take the lives of others and even then they do not kill unless provoked. Just going out and killing someone for what they have done in life makes you no better, sometimes worse than them. Then you are the murderer as you are killing unlawfully. If that happens you just better hope that someone doesn't take up OMF philosophy and kill you for your so called virteuos killings.
Mon 29/12/03 at 12:18
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
If depends what your talking about. Say, a pick-pocket. If you kill them, it would be for good, but would it be worth it?

On the other hand, killing a person, such as a dictator, might also be for good, but, it may well be worth it, saving lives etc.

It may be a case of numbers.
To quote Spock 'The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few'. Taking one life may save many.

So, i'm fine with killing for good, when its worth it, and there's no better alternative. I hope that makes sense.
Mon 29/12/03 at 11:38
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
RoJ wrote:
> If you want to stop the flow of drugs you have to go to the source.
> Hard I know, but it is the only way.

Heh. Or you could do what Holland did?
Mon 29/12/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Not a Jew"
If you want to stop the flow of drugs you have to go to the source. Hard I know, but it is the only way.
Mon 29/12/03 at 09:53
Regular
"eat toast!"
in one persons eye he maybe evil to another he could be a saint. Terrorist to us, freedom fighters to others.

But if they are part of the scum of society which is crime. Destroy it with gusto. But if pimps and prostitues can't be stopped you might as well make it legal and provide jobs and the govt can at least get something from it. If you can't beat them, join them. Just like the US.

Drugs, if they are not medicinal shoot to kill. But we can't stop the flow if theres still means of drugs flowing around.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.