GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not one person has said "Merry Christmas" to me!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I can't believe it. I've been in about 15-20 shops in the last 3 days, browsing and buying little things here and there, and not one single person has wished me a Merry Christmas! Tescos? No! Virgin? No! Even The works, who are grateful for any sort of custom at any time of the year failed to send me away full of the Christmas spirit! Dunno about you, but when I used to do shop work (it was only 5 years ago), we were told to say it whether we were serving customers or not. I'm not a Christmassy person, but I always say it around this time of year because it's polite to do so. Do any of you lot work in shops? What's the general consensus on festive greetings nowadays?
Thu 25/12/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Booooom"
No one Likes you, No one likes you :)
Thu 25/12/03 at 10:08
Regular
They've all said Merry Christmas to me.

In the Argos where I used to work, they had the team leader dressed up as Santa (not just a hat, but a beard and full uniform) with "Santa Claus" on his badge. He said he hates doing it as the beard is annoying, but the customers like it.

All the other staff had Christmas hats, and some were dressed up as elves and fairies. Looked the part.
Thu 25/12/03 at 09:42
"Metal Head"
Well merry christmas dude :c/
Wed 24/12/03 at 17:29
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Azul (Christmas Ver 1.0 (less cynical)) wrote:
> I was in Woolies the other day, and thr grumpy moody slág (yes,
> that's filtered) didn't say booger all to me.
>
> She reminded me of the 'girl' in Little Britain. Y'know the
> "yeah, but, I, but, y'see, coz but like, yeah".
> Except a lot less cheery.

I live in an area of those... (temporary)
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:51
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
You should of said happy Christmas to her, if she was really evil she would have just grunted back. (just like a bus driver)
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:49
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I was in Woolies the other day, and thr grumpy moody slág (yes, that's filtered) didn't say booger all to me.

She reminded me of the 'girl' in Little Britain. Y'know the "yeah, but, I, but, y'see, coz but like, yeah".
Except a lot less cheery.
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:47
Regular
Why don't you sign up to Ciao, then you get about 10 'Merry christmas' messages from other users within 10 seconds of activation...
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Go in to the disney shop. They pay people to stand at the entrance and say Merry Christmas to people coming in and going out. Merry Christmas anyway though.
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:43
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Happy Christmas.

:P
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hey, we're the consumer! If shops want our custom they should be polite and courteous to us! Of course I'm always polite and courteous anyway - all us monkey_men are, but it just annoyed me that standards had slipped that much in such a short space of time.

Have Tonty's minions giving you festive cheer or the finger this year?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.