GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Real Time Strategy?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 11:04
Regular
": ("
Its gotta be out of:

rise of nations
age of mythology
warcraft 3
commandos
command and conquer generals
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:08
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
RoJ wrote:
> Silën† Thundêr ™ wrote:
> Pharoah is a great game to, for strategy.
>
> No. If you want good fun and strategy, Caesar 3 is the game. Its a
> real little gem, and I got endless hourse of fun playing it. For
> £5 its a bargain. Pharoah, although made by the same
> developer, doesn't live up to Caesar 3.

I have played both these games and I think they are about even, but with the Ceasar game I did find it slightly easier to control and I understood it quicker rather than Pharoah, which had a turtorial. But it actually was a campaign. So if you didnt want to play the tourtorial you couldnt complete the campaign.
Wed 24/12/03 at 14:05
Regular
": ("
Most of you are sayin AOE 2 is the best, i have got it and i agree but its a bit old now and the games i've mentioned are quite new, because its by the creators of AOE 1 and 2 i think Age Of Mythology is the best, thats cos it probably plays like the AOE series. Whats Total War like cos i saw it for £24.99 in pcworld with a free expansion included.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Ye a know"
rise of nations isnt just the worst ive played recently/this year its the worst ever

my fave is AoE 2
its a classic game
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Silën† Thundêr ™ wrote:
> Pharoah is a great game to, for strategy.

No. If you want good fun and strategy, Caesar 3 is the game. Its a real little gem, and I got endless hourse of fun playing it. For £5 its a bargain. Pharoah, although made by the same developer, doesn't live up to Caesar 3.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Fat Magician wrote:
> Its gotta be out of:
>
> rise of nations
> age of mythology
> warcraft 3
> commandos
> command and conquer generals

What? Shouldn't AOE or AOE 2 be in there? AOE was good for its time, and its ballcrust now, (the villagers are twice the size of their houses) but AOE 2 is excellent, I mean, gates! You can build gates! Really useful, they are. Anyway, to answer your original question:

> rise of nations - It is okay, but time progresses too fast for my liking, and everything is WAY out of proportion, plus their are annoying features that really frustrate me. 4/10

> age of mythology - Haven't played yet. I'll give it benefit of the doubt. 9/10

> warcraft 3 - *shrugs*

> commandos - Didn't like this at all. Crap voiceovers and crap missions. 2/10

> command and conquer generals - Good enough. 8/10
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
I doubt microsoft will ever bring out anymore patches for AOE2.

whats been everyones worst RTS they have played before?

mine would be C&C generals - extremely bland, cliche teams, seen-it-done-it feel to it.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:13
Regular
"\\"
Fat Magician wrote:
> Its gotta be out of:
>
> rise of nations - poo
> age of mythology - even pooier
> warcraft 3 - good
> commandos - ?
> command and conquer generals - Nah

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors is good. My favourite by a long shot. Those happy memories of playing RM and DM online with a bunch of English people.

But now the zone is crap. And now over the past few days it has become REALLY crap. Someone posted a link to a free hack. Meaning you can cheat. God damn mongs. Microsoft best bring out a patch.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:41
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Pharoah is a great game to, for strategy.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:35
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
although Commandos is a great game, i think its more of a nice looking puzzle game, imo.

I think that my all-time favourite RTS games are Sudden Stike 2 and Cossacks ( and the various addons for it)

If no one has played Cossacks, its RTS with a huge population cap. Something like 8,000 units.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:27
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Commandos is a brilliant game, I like the real challenging parts where you spend all day on it, but when you spend more time on it, it gets annoying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.