GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Real Time Strategy?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/12/03 at 11:04
Regular
": ("
Its gotta be out of:

rise of nations
age of mythology
warcraft 3
commandos
command and conquer generals
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:04
Regular
Its gotta be out of:

rise of nations
age of mythology
warcraft 3
commandos
command and conquer generals
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
i agree with all of them except C&C generals. I prefer Red alert 2. I'd also add Sudden Strike 2.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:08
Regular
have u played warcraft 3 or rise of nations?
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:12
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
yup. I'd probably say that Rise of Nations is my all-time fav RTS at the mo, and whats even better is that theres gonna be an expansion pack to it sometime.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:17
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
What about age of the empires? I would probably say Red alert two though out of the list you gave.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
age of empires 2 probably got me into RTS in the first place (well, that and the C&C series). Forgot to at Medieval Total War as well. Damn there so many RTS games that i like.......
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:25
Regular
"Teal'c"
I'd go for Sudden Strike 2, that's certainly the most RTS-like game I've encountered. And also, as was mentioned, get rid of C&C Generals.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:27
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Commandos is a brilliant game, I like the real challenging parts where you spend all day on it, but when you spend more time on it, it gets annoying.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:35
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
although Commandos is a great game, i think its more of a nice looking puzzle game, imo.

I think that my all-time favourite RTS games are Sudden Stike 2 and Cossacks ( and the various addons for it)

If no one has played Cossacks, its RTS with a huge population cap. Something like 8,000 units.
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:41
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Pharoah is a great game to, for strategy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.