GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Checkouts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 18:23
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Anyone seen those self scan checkouts?
Tue 23/12/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Remember me?"
Lawrence wrote:
> Anyone seen those self scan checkouts?

No, 'cos I stay well clear of checkouts in work. Except the times when I drink loads in the Christmas lunch and stagger over to the checkouts to try packing bags.

Exhilirating!!!
Tue 23/12/03 at 19:06
Regular
"Selected"
why? is Cubist a robot?

*assumes so*
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Cubist wrote:
> I'm not lazy I just prefer not to do things that others can do for me
> lol :D

Thats what technology can do for you now a days, brilliant news for you Cubist. :D
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I'm not lazy I just prefer not to do things that others can do for me lol :D
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:53
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
some people are so lazy..

**stares at Cubist**

lol
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Really? well either way they can still at least do that. Hmph.
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:46
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Cubist wrote:
I just spent ages putting it all in the trolley they can
> at least scan it and take the bloody money

They are only designed for baskets..ideally 15 items!
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I was in Manchester just a few weeks back and I saw those while I was in a Marks And Spencers down there. They look really good but A) I'd guess it makes it easy to shoplift B) It's not my job to scan all that stuff. I just spent ages putting it all in the trolley they can at least scan it and take the bloody money and C) It isn't necessarilly faster. What if some old pensioner is in front of you? Christ think of the line! :(
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:45
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
AliBoy wrote:
> Not sure how they work over here and how people would react to them

some people are amazed and think they are clever and others get the hump and storm off!

And yes there is always an attendent or two about!
Tue 23/12/03 at 18:44
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
nope cos it's all done on weight...so..

You scan something.. if u dont put it in the 'bagging area' it wont let u continue..

if u put something else in (say scan chewing gum and slip a bottle of vodka through) it will say 'the last item in the bagging area was incorrect please remove and continue'

if u put something in the bag that u havent scanned it will say 'unexpected item in the bagging area please remove it to continue'

if u scan something and u dont put it in the bagging area it wont let u continue..

if u remove something with out paying it will say 'items removed from the baggin area, please replace and continue'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.