GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"United make move for Saha"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 17:30
Regular
Fulham have confirmed that Manchester United have made enquiries about signing French striker Louis Saha.

United have been linked with an approach for Saha for some time and earlier this week, the 25-year-old admitted he would relish a move to Old Trafford.

Fulham have repeated their insistence that Saha is not for sale but did admit that United were leading the chase for his signature.

Well this is a surprise, i woulden't of expected United to go for him...

Thoughts?
Sat 27/12/03 at 17:39
"LOLLERSKATES!"
ashley wrote:
>Snipe® wrote:
> He's not proven in europe either.. although Arsenal DO need a out and
> out Striker who will get headers and tap ins.

>arsenal need to sort out there back end first. two centrebacks and a >right back being order of the day. use aliadere a bit more he'll get the >tap ins.

dont think they need to much defensive improvement, although a right back would'nt go a miss. so they need two CB's, what about campbell ???
Sat 27/12/03 at 16:32
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Ashley wrote:
> "Viduka however is a different class all together. Viduka is a
> proven goal scorer and with the supply at united he'd walk it, if
> fergie signs saha or Alan smith instead he will prove he has lost it
> completely."
> -----
>

>
> For holding the ball, we already have Ruud van Nistelrooy, who does
> the job well-enough.

as is shown by his 0 assists last season! :-)

Forssell as i said for the last 2 years, and plenty of times on this website is a pretty much perfect solution for man utd.

He'd get enough games there due to them not having many strikers, and scores goals
Sat 27/12/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ashley wrote:
"Viduka however is a different class all together. Viduka is a proven goal scorer and with the supply at united he'd walk it, if fergie signs saha or Alan smith instead he will prove he has lost it completely."
-----

Mark Viduka is big, fat and SLOW! Sure, he's good at holding up the ball, and, "on his day", he CAN put on quite a performance. But, to me, he doesn't seem like the type of player we should go for.

For holding the ball, we already have Ruud van Nistelrooy, who does the job well-enough. Plus, van Nistelrooy is good at turning, CAN (sort of...) run with the ball, and KNOWS where the back-of-the-net is better than almost anyone else - especially some Greedy, Beefcaked Australian!

I think we could do with someone who can play-off-of van Nistelrooy, rather than try to come in as Fergie's second-choice, behind the Dutchman.
Or, he should at least set his sights on someone who CAN score-goals [plural] regularly, like Ruud.

I just think we could do a lot better than Mark Viduka, basically.
We may even have the answer in David Bellion - but only time will tell...
And Leeds have said "No" to ANY offers, already, anyway!

Alan Smith, however, is one of a dying-breed. You CANNOT say bad things about that player (unless, it's about his short-temper, of course).
He'll work, play, fight and would (probably) even DIE for his beloved Leeds United.

Just watch him play and you'll see how he cares not about the money, but about playing football - and nothing else. His level of determination and never-say-die attitude is really `something-else´. He'll give it his all until the final-whistle. Plus, in the attack, he can score-goals.

Why he isn't in the England team, though, I do not know!
"Sven" must like 'blacks', or something....
Fri 26/12/03 at 13:48
Regular
Another 2 goals for Saha today.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:41
Regular
um thats a little bit harsh. Considering SA have the world champions team! but i would agree to some extent that SA players are either immense or over rated. Portugal is fairly similar i suppose but they do have some ggood players, but portugal is not supposed to be a top league
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Notable"
Ashley wrote:

>
> good to here portugal has been relocated to below the equator.

Just the same as South America. All skills. Both crap
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:31
Regular
to counter the obvious comeback

yes it is good to hear, here has had its spelling changed
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:29
Regular
Malcio-Clause wrote:
> Sir Alex wants a player that can play in Europe. Indeed Saha or Viduka
> are options, but I dont favour them at all. He would have to dip into
> South America and thats bad......(Forlan, C.Ronaldo)

good to here portugal has been relocated to below the equator.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:28
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Saha; Viduka; Defoe... I don't think so!
>
> While Ferguson HAS said he intends to bring-in another striker during
> the transfer window, he has also said that he plans on bringing-in a
> "Champions' League goal-scorer", rather than the
> very-first, convenient name at the top of his list.
>

Saha is average at best and is just on a good run. Viduka however is a different class all together. Viduka is a proven goal scorer and with the supply at united he'd walk it, if fergie signs saha or Alan smith instead he will prove he has lost it completely.

Viduka is easily one of the best in the league, and fergies only excuse could be his attitude, but he seems to have settled down and probably wouldn't moan at united.
Wed 24/12/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Notable"
Actually Im Wrong. Robinho and Diego from Santos! Cant Wait :¬D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.