GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good Quotes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 10:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
I often hear good, humourous or phillosophical quotes that I wish to remember but forget after a few moments, however if we keep all our quotes in one place then we will have a resource of clever quotes to use in essays, drunken pub banter or wars of words with the clerk at Debenhams.

A few good quotes I have read/heard lately are...

"Life is a lesson, you learn it when you're though"

- Limp Bizkit

Yeah I know Fred Durst is a whiney blonde tart and not a phillosopher, but I like this quote. I am yet to use it in a formal context though

"If anyone cries at my funeral, I'll never speak to them again."
- STAN LAUREL

I think that's just plain brilliant.

"Sh*t happens"

It's just SO true.

------- ---------- ------------
I am sure the likes of the notables and you clever life forum people have much more intelectual quotes than I, but I would like very much to hear them.
Tue 23/12/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Colourless"
Two reasonably unfunny ones:

"Life is rather like a tin of sardines: we're all of us looking for the key."

Alan Bennett

"Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it...."

Tom Lehrer
Tue 23/12/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Colourless"
"Millions who long for immortality do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afrernoon."

Susan Ertz
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
"Ooh, Neil likes to take Sarah from behind, doesn't he?"

My Gran, commenting on my father's videoing, where the camera kept unfortunately viewing my aunt's backside.
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:10
Regular
"SOUP!"
Nice one Ant ;-)
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
"All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you."

- J.R.R Tolkien (Gandalf)
Tue 23/12/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Not exactly a quote, but....

Chris Morris: I suppose the tragedy is that you have to be.

Andrew Morton: I have to be...what?

Chris Morris: Yes.

(Later)

CM: We've arranged for a copy of your book to be sent to the young Princes at Eton.

AM: (sounding nervous) Oh?

CM: Yes, we're having it hand delivered to them at school by a Princess Diana lookalike. Do you think that they'll like that?

AM: Ummm...I'm not sure that's appropriate.

Extract from interview with Andrew Morton, author of the Diana, Her Story Biography.
Tue 23/12/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Did you ever hear anyone say 'That work had better be banned because I might read it and it might be very dangerous to me'?" - Joseph Henry Jackson

"Freedom of the Press, if it means anything at all, means the freedom to criticize and oppose." - George Orwell

"This precisely the purpose of censorship- not only to block unwanted views, but to keep people who are unhappy from knowing how many millions of others share their unhappiness; to keep the dormant opposition from awakening to its own developing strength" - Hedrick Smith
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:09
Regular
Good quote :

"When we're good, we never remember. When we're bad, they never forget."
- Unknown
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:12
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Brilliant quote from ST's collection of quotes:

"A man with no imagination, is a man with no wings"
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:13
Regular
But what happens if he has red bull instead?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.