GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am in a band"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/12/03 at 23:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
You should start a band.

Even if you can't sing.

Start one. I cant play guitar. I cant sing. But I sing in a band wiht a mate. We sing about tortoises. We have recorded an album on cassetete. It is crap. But it was fun.

Start a band, it is fun.

We wrote a song called 'The Fantastic Tortoise'. It is crap. But it is good.

Have fun. That is the point. God wants you to enjoy yourself.
Sat 27/12/03 at 03:21
"I love yo... lamp."
Great to watch stuff like that. Though it does make me feel ever so slightly intimidated. Think it is time I had lessons. After all, I've been saying that for years. But what really really made me make up my mind was that a 16 year old female friend of a friend is a guitar teacher. I feel embarassed when I think how bad my playing is now.
Thu 25/12/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Hah, fantastic. Great guitarist round here (who'll be doing vocals in our band, wants a break and a chance to front instead) who I lent a Stevie Ray Vaughan DVD to (Live at the el Mocambo), as he's a huge fan but had never seen him playing. A few days later in our first school band evening of the year, he wandered on stage with one of his projects, Fluid, who play improvised rock, and started doing the whole playing-guitar-behind-the-head bit, perfectly, with an expression very like SRV's at the time.. I couldn't help laughing at him, he knows how to please the crowd :D

Really frustrating band actually, 3 of the best musicians from the school just get together and play improvised material, pick a key and go for it, gives them all a bit of a chance to show off and it's so slick..
Thu 25/12/03 at 21:03
"I love yo... lamp."
I've tried so many times...

It can be great fun. And you do get some wonderful surprises. Like the time, in the late 80's when such things were still allowed, when mid gig the second guitarist asked for two minutes for just him. We shrugged and let him do his we fill/solo thing. He played...

Van Halen's Eruption. Perfectly. Behind his back.

I came close to never playing again after that.
Thu 25/12/03 at 16:52
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Der Nazi, look out for my band, Finelines. We'll be releasing our second EP in the new year.
Wed 24/12/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The only stuff I really sing along to is Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Metallica and occasionally The Offspring. In fact, the only song I really think I can sing well is Sabbath's 1970 album-opener 'War Pigs'. :)
Wed 24/12/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I like to think I can sing...

Whenever no-one else is around, I'll "sing"-along to whatever it is I am listening to (specifically, either Incubus or the Chili Peppers). I'm not really one for doing it to their more `modernŽ tracks from recent years, but I really get "all funked-up" with some of their older, more original and `funkierŽ stuff, if you know what I mean.

I suppose it's because of the type of music, why I don't tend do this with any other kind.

I doubt I'd ever consider joining a band, though. But if I keep doing this, I got good at it, and I meet the right people... Who knows!

Whistling, tapping, thumping.... Everything helps, I find.

You've really got to `get intoŽ and "feel" the music...
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'm in South-east Surrey, so i'm out of it....
Tue 23/12/03 at 13:08
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I did post last week called 'START A BAND' Saying that Iwant to start one. So, if you play an instrument or anything and you live in the WEST SUSSEX region, say here and we'l meet up.

Influences would be of Hondo Mclean, Poison The Well, Thrice and so forth. I play guitar and my bro plays bass.
Tue 23/12/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Selected"
in a band of merry men more like
Tue 23/12/03 at 12:35
Regular
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> God wants you to enjoy yourself.

I know he did, EH EB? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.