GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do PS2's break too often?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/12/03 at 15:39
Regular
i regularly post on the ps.com forums and there is always someone in the playstation 2 section requesting help because their ps2 has broken. then more people say how theirs has broken before.

has your ps2 broken before? have you had to buy a replacement? did you not bother and buy an Xbox or 'Cube? do you think it happens too much?

i do. they are gaining a noteriety for breaking whereas the nintendo Nes still works even now if you give it a bit of loving.

what are your thoughts
Tue 23/12/03 at 01:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Of course they do - consumer goods should never break! Once is too much!

Realistically though, the PS2 does probably have a larger number of faulty units than it should - mostly down to moving manufacturer of the chips around too much, and teething problems that keep getting reported.

Sonic
Tue 23/12/03 at 01:51
Regular
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> I have it on xbox, im telling you now, don't look too forward to it
> at all.

if it's as good as the ps2 version I'll be happy with it.

the graphics might be looking dated and all that, but they are great games, and I can't wait to complete them again.
Tue 23/12/03 at 01:49
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> my ps2 died earlier this year.
>
> the only thing I miss on it is GTA3 and Vice City, which will soon be
> released on xbox. I would have missed Gran Turismo aswell but PGR2
> is much better than that.

I have it on xbox, im telling you now, don't look too forward to it at all.
Mon 22/12/03 at 23:06
"slightlyshortertagl"
Aquariums are fun.
Mon 22/12/03 at 22:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Niddle, you're ghey.

Xbox = aquarium.
Mon 22/12/03 at 22:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
Get an XBox.

Stew-pod.
Mon 22/12/03 at 22:47
Regular
"heh"
Yes, I had my PS2 for a year, it broke got a replacement 6 months later, I've had to buy a new one which I will be setting up on Christmas day..
Mon 22/12/03 at 21:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> I was told it was a new laser job (£70), to which I said 'go to
> hell', and bought an xbox.

fair enough but 70% of those cases can be cured with a lens cleaning set. or prevented with a little more care to discs and light exposure.
Mon 22/12/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Had mine since just after launch and not a single problem with it.

It wont play dual layered DVD's but that just because of the way it plays DVD's, but I have a dvd player so I only use it for games.

Think it just your luck and also how you look after your console.
Mon 22/12/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Selected"
yeah it was a laser problem with my computer as well, i don't know how my dad fixed it but he did, he's ace.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.