GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do PS2's break too often?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/12/03 at 15:39
Regular
i regularly post on the ps.com forums and there is always someone in the playstation 2 section requesting help because their ps2 has broken. then more people say how theirs has broken before.

has your ps2 broken before? have you had to buy a replacement? did you not bother and buy an Xbox or 'Cube? do you think it happens too much?

i do. they are gaining a noteriety for breaking whereas the nintendo Nes still works even now if you give it a bit of loving.

what are your thoughts
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:24
Regular
cheers Robin, catch ya lader
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:23
Ok, ill talk to my dads mate and look around tomorrow, i am almost sure there is a cd you can get.
Ill have a look it game tomorrow too as i am going to Norwich.
Anyways i have to be up at 7.30 so ill be off now.
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:21
Regular
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> There is a way you can do it though, i think there is a cd you can
> buy.
> Ill find out and get back to you if you want.

If you can find one, I'd be VERY interested in buying. I'm not getting my xbox chipped though, a few of my mates are.

There was a CD mentioned on this site ages ago, but it was withdrawn, and I think Darkus said they were never going to stock them for some reason.
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:19
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> what, is it chipped? is there any way to do it without chipping or
> tampering with it?

Yes, chipped.
My dads mate done it.

There is a way you can do it though, i think there is a cd you can buy.
Ill find out and get back to you if you want.
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:17
Regular
what, is it chipped? is there any way to do it without chipping or tampering with it?
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:13
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> the ONLY downside I can see is that you can't make it multiregion.
> I've had stephen Kings 'the stand' (R1) for over a year now and can't
> watch it. at least the ps2 could be made multi region.

Mine is :D
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:06
Regular
xbox has got it all. live is just stunning, all multiformat games are usually better, you have a hard drive to store all your music on, you can download new content.

the ONLY downside I can see is that you can't make it multiregion. I've had stephen Kings 'the stand' (R1) for over a year now and can't watch it. at least the ps2 could be made multi region.
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:04
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> It just seems a little coincidental that so many peoples PS2s die
> within 3 years or so. there are even websites cashing in on
> replacing the lasers, it's big business.

Maybe they were hoping that if their ps2's broke after about 3-4 years then people would wait and buy a ps3 when it came out.
But people just can't be bothered to wait, see sense, and go out and buy an xbox.
Tue 23/12/03 at 02:00
Regular
In Sonys defence, I did drop the PS2 once, but that was ages ago, and it worked like a dream between then and the time it bit the big one.

It just seems a little coincidental that so many peoples PS2s die within 3 years or so. there are even websites cashing in on replacing the lasers, it's big business.

curse you sony.
Tue 23/12/03 at 01:59
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> the graphics might be looking dated and all that, but they are great
> games, and I can't wait to complete them again.

Na they are doing up the graphics, adding a few little things here and there so it will be very slightly different and better in graphics.
But i liked it when i played it on the computer ages ago.
A little old and boring now i feel.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.