GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ohhhhh purdy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 21:10
Regular
http://www.oneforall.co.uk/english/products/urc/URC-8060.htm
Thu 18/12/03 at 20:10
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Mystique wrote:
> Why theres an old man funk following him around?

Still occasionally speaking illegible gibberish there Mystique?
Thu 18/12/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Woo.
Thu 18/12/03 at 20:09
Tony wrote:

>
> To Woohooooo
Thu 18/12/03 at 20:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Icarus wrote:
> To what?

To Woo
Thu 18/12/03 at 20:07
Regular
Why theres an old man funk following him around?
Thu 18/12/03 at 20:01
To what?
Thu 18/12/03 at 19:57
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I came back to find the answer
Thu 18/12/03 at 19:47
Woah, guest appearance!!!
Thu 18/12/03 at 19:37
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Yes, but surely if you have six devices to control, you have six remote controls. If you buy this one too you will have seven. You'll still keep the other six lying around the lounge just in case you need to tweak the right/left bias on your rear surround speakers (for example).

Personally I like the Sky remote. It's nicely weighted to flip in the air and lands back in the hand with a satisfying thwack. It has a rubberised back and none of those ergonomic curves which make other remotes fall off the edge of the coffee table. In fact I liked it so much I bought two, so that we still have one around after the kids have lost one, or made one sticky.

My recommended addon for any important remote is the flashing beeper. Simply strap any standard pager or mobile phone to your remote and dial it up when you need to find it. This will save you from looking under all the armchairs or unnecessarily emptying out the kitchen rubbish bin.

The Sky Remote comes complete with shortcuts which not everybody knows about so that you can control most of the important functions on your TV including switching AV. Microsoft are not involved so, thankfully, the whole device lacks unwanted interruptions and annoyances and is pleasantly intuitive.

I think we should all list six things we would like to control with a remote.
1. The phone while other people are talking on it.
2. Open and Close my garage door.
3. Automatically turn off all unnecessary lights in the house after the kids have left them on.
4. Open bar and pour Bacardi and Vanilla Coke.
5. Make tea, coffee toast etc like Wallace and Gromit
6. Fire laser zapp bolt at winging kids

(Actually, my kids are very good *_*)
Thu 18/12/03 at 19:07
"LOLLERSKATES!"
i havent seen it yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.