GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gary Jules"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/12/03 at 13:54
Regular
"cachoo"
"Well wouldya look at that!"

Gary Jules has gone and released another album, Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets. He hasn't released an album for aaaages! Now he knows his Mad World is doing well, suppose he might as well carry on!
Hopefully this one will do good, his other album, Greeting's From The Side wasn't that good.

Did many people even hear of Gary Jules before they watched Donnie Darko?! Ahhh..
Released 19th January if anyone is interested.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:16
Regular
"we escape....."
i hadn't heard of gary jules before donnie darko came out and mad world was played on Xfm like a million times, still loved the song when i first heard it, now it a bit boring, still shud do well in x-mas charts.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:17
Regular
It's nice that Mad World is doing so well, but why did it have to be put on one of those gay ass compilation CD's?

Why?
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:24
Regular
Mad World is Michael Andrews FEATURING Gary Jules, isn't it?
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:25
Regular
Mad World is a great song, but I don't think you could have a more depressing Christmas Number 1.

The Darkness should be at the top of the charts, that's what I say...
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:25
Regular
Vice wrote:
> i hadn't heard of gary jules before donnie darko came out and mad
> world was played on Xfm like a million times, still loved the song
> when i first heard it, now it a bit boring, still shud do well in
> x-mas charts.

Zoe Ball plays it every five minutes. It's a good song, I'm not bored with it, but it won't be long before I am, with her playing it so often. Then again, she hardly ever turns up to work. Richard Bacon or that Lauren Laverne (or whatever she's called) over Zoe any day.
Tue 16/12/03 at 19:48
Regular
"cachoo"
I was wrong.. I had a little preview of it and it's not so bad. Will buy this next year! He's a little 'countryish' on this album though :s
Tue 16/12/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
DW wrote:
> Zoe Ball plays it every five minutes. It's a good song, I'm not bored
> with it, but it won't be long before I am, with her playing it so
> often.

Just stop listening.
Tue 16/12/03 at 21:20
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Just because it has "Angel" in it, and you fancy David
> Boreanananazezaz.

--

He won't return my love.
Tue 16/12/03 at 21:22
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Elliot Smith rocked. Check out "Figure 8" sometime. Shame
> he died though.

--

I've got Either/Or, which is, IMHO, his best album. Ballad of Big Nothing and Angeles are the two best tracks. And Rose Parade.
Tue 16/12/03 at 21:23
Regular
I'm picky with music - as soon as I know half the country is listening to something, I go off it. There's something good about knowing you are one of a minority that has enjoyed a certain piece of music.

Bohemian Like You is a good example, that tune was out for years, and was a great track, then vodafone got hold of it, played it to death, and it lost its appeal.

Similarly, I tend to listen to music that has gone 'out of fashion', i.e. I listen to music a few years old, early 90s indie and dance is my thang, with the odd exception.

and that's it

a brief look into my twisted soul

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.