GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Parents & Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/01 at 14:14
Regular
What is it with parents and games?

Most of them see something against our hobbie and form of entertainment when some of them play games for themselves! I think Meka is for example.

You see, I would rather spend time playing on my latest game then talk to my mum about how work was. Maybe she sees them as unsocial as said in another topic.

Ok, I am mostly on my PC these days in my room and when I am playing my favourite games and chatting to mates she sees it as a crime that I am in my room alot! Arent most kids?

Anyway, do any of you have parent/games related storys you would like to tell?

I think my mate got chased round the house with a knife before by his Mum, maybe game realted.

Sun 18/03/01 at 14:14
"Uzi Lover"
What is it with parents and games?

Most of them see something against our hobbie and form of entertainment when some of them play games for themselves! I think Meka is for example.

You see, I would rather spend time playing on my latest game then talk to my mum about how work was. Maybe she sees them as unsocial as said in another topic.

Ok, I am mostly on my PC these days in my room and when I am playing my favourite games and chatting to mates she sees it as a crime that I am in my room alot! Arent most kids?

Anyway, do any of you have parent/games related storys you would like to tell?

I think my mate got chased round the house with a knife before by his Mum, maybe game realted.

Sun 18/03/01 at 14:17
i doubt your friends mum tried to slash him with a knife over a turn on the computer!
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:20
"Uzi Lover"
I think she did!

It wasnt just one turn it was many!

I am not sure though, pretty bad though huh?

Theres gotta be worst out there though, maybe involving death even?
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:21
really whooooh!
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:22
"Uzi Lover"
I'll try ask him bout it, maybe the state of gaming is to much for parents these days?

Anybodys parents really into games?
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:24
Regular
My parents arent into games, hell my mum couldnt even program the video til i left for uni!
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:26
"Uzi Lover"
My dad use to be a Crazy Taxi freak!

When he use to drop me off for school he use to say stuff like "Just doin my job" etc!

Very embrassing!
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:26
"Uzi Lover"
He even brought the Offspring album for the 'feel'!
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:27
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
My dad played Gran Turismo for hours when i first got it.
Sun 18/03/01 at 14:28
Regular
I think my mum played Virtua Tennis for a bit. Shes into tennis in "real life" and cos the controls are so easy so got into it for a couple of weeks. She tried Tony Hawks but that was a bit difficult, more than one button to remember you see?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.