GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Should I Get For Chrimbo?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Me+Live= Sore Fists"
For Christmas, I am getting a PS2, A Controller, A Memory Card and 2 Games. I will probably get about £80+ to.
The only games I dont like are Sports Games, except Wrestling.

Can anyone tell me what games I should get, I was thinking of GTA: Double Pack on PS2, WWE SMACKDOWN: Here Comes The Pain on PS2, Mario Kart: Double Dash on Game Cube and The Sims: Bustin Out on XBOX.
If anyone has other ideas, please tell me, or you could just say what you are hoping to get for Chrimbo.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Gamecube + Xbox Live (sod Xbox offline, tis rubbish)

= Perect combination.

NOW MS AND NINTENDO...JOIN IN THE HIDEOUS BEAST OF BRILLIANTNESS!
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nintendo make the singleplayer games (the usual exclusives), Microsoft the online games.

Microsoft make the console with all the specs, Nintendo make the wonderful controller.

PlayStation = dead.
Sun 14/12/03 at 21:57
Regular
If only that were true...

I have a gamecube and a ps2, and would much prefer the xbox if it wasn't for the ps2's range of games.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What good games does the PS2 have that other consoles don't?

In my opinion, none.

I've only got my PS2 for PES and GTA games. Both of which I could easily buy for my PC. It's just that I don't see the point in getting rid of the thing now.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Me > J00"
There's plenty, but not as many as there used to be. I used to think polygamy of games on platforms was good, but now I'm not so sure. It's discouraging me from getting an X-Box and GC.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:10
"I love yo... lamp."
From the 2nd of January the reasons to own a PS2 fall from 4 to 2.

Most games on the PS2 that you would want are multiformat. The exceptions are Gran Turismo 3, GTA series and Pro Evo. From 2nd of January GTA is on the Xbox. Rumours are that Pro Evo will be on Xbox as well in time.

Anything that the PS2 does, Xbox and GC do better. If you can't get a game on the Xbox or PS2, don't worry there is a better alternative anyway.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:14
Regular
gran turismo is the only reason I can think of to own a PS2.

oh yeah, you can have MULTIREGION-ness on it. unlike the xbox

*crushes paper cup*
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
so I should sell my ps2 then? i have a pc, can get some of the games there.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Me > J00"
I just prefer PS2. I think it has overall better games.
Sun 14/12/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Me > J00"
Wi-Fi wrote:
> so I should sell my ps2 then? i have a pc, can get some of the games
> there.

Hell no, foo'!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.