GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Walker walks at the Walkers (archair referees plz read)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 00:30
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Its been a strange day of football with some perhaps odd refereeing decisions, ive named a few of todays premiership incidents and would like to see how you the armchair referee would have called them.

1. Leicesters Matt Elliot elbowing Birminghams David Dunn... deliberate or not? deliberate must surely mean a red card... i think it was deliberate myself.

2. Leicesters Ian Walker handling the ball 10 yards outside his goal area... yellow card or red card? im not 100% sure on the rules of this one but i thought a red card was a little harsh... Birmingham were not about to score.

3. Danny Mills stamping on Di Canios head... deliberate or not? again i think this was totally intentional... he should have been sent off, he got very lucky that no-one saw him (hmm)

4. Wayne Rooney pushing over a Pompey player (unsure who it was sorry) Rooney did walk off the pitch expecting the red card but Uriah Renny only showed the yellow card... right or wrong decision? despite being a big fan of Rooney i think the card should unquestionably have been red.

Just a fun, slightly different thread... will be good to read other opinions on the above incidents :)
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:18
Regular
"heh"
I don't think the Elliot elbow was deliberate but it caught Dunn pretty bad and I agreed with the red after seeing closer replys on the Premiership.

Danny mills has always been one of those charachter's that seem to play too rough he should of saw red.
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Rooney should have been sent off. He deliberately pushed over the player, right infront of the ref, and there is no, i repeat no excuse for that. Also, as they said on the premiership, some refs if they saw Rooney walking, would scrub the yellow they were going to get, and just give out the red that the player obviously expected. Ronny's body language itself showed that he should have been sent off. He knew he had done completely wrong, and subsidently knew he should have been sent off, hence the fact he walked off the pitch.

Ian Walker in my oppinion should not have been sent off, it was just a rash blood to the head kinda thing. There was no clear goal scoring chance, and Leicester by then had men behind the ball. So yes, that decision was a very harsh one.

Elliot elbowing Dunn was deliberate, and therefore there is no choice in my mind that he should have been sent off. There is no excuse for elbowing someone in the face, and some refs send players off for things a lot less dangerous. So again, a red card offence.

Danny Mills on Di Canio again was totally deliberate. At first I thought he had just slipped and hit Di Canio, but as it was shown again it was clear to me (and others i think), that Mills had done it on purpose. To make his case even worse, he even takes a look at where Di Canio is before he makes this act of violence (I think it was him who looked). So yes, third red card out of three here should have been given to Mills.

Another incident I want to add to the four is Mutu in the dying seconds of the Chelski game. I am not sure who made the challenge, but the Bolton player clearly takes Mutu out whilst he is posession of the ball, and then goes on to lead to the winning goal. As much as I hate chelski, and as much as I loved the socre line, I cannot help but feel that they were cheated out of a point.

I think all this goes to show how hard it is for referees to make decisions with thousands of fans yelling at them to go one way or the other. And often, when we look back, they make the wrong choice.
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:11
Regular
"heh"
:P I think he's good enough for England he makes top saves when needed. Or atleast some friendlys?
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
lcfc_okay wrote:
> When pressured he doesn't think I remember him picking up a back-pass
> against Wolves last season.

And to think he was once touted as being a possible England number 1.

Come back Seaman all is forgiven :-D
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Notable"
stupid or not hes better than david james by far
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:07
Regular
"heh"
When pressured he doesn't think I remember him picking up a back-pass against Wolves last season.
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Walker should have been sent off for handling 10 yards outside the box just for the sheer stupidity of doing it in the first place, forget the fact of it stopping a goal opportunity or not.
Sun 14/12/03 at 15:57
Regular
"heh"
I was at the Leicester game, and Walker's incidant was a heat of the moment thing he could of got away with a yellow as he wasn't stopping a goal. But I agreed with the ref and the red was right.
Sun 14/12/03 at 11:57
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The Walker incident was amusing, and i feel the red card was just. As far as i am aware, any keeper who handles outside the area should be sent off in the rules, yet i have already experienced times this season where the keeper has got away with a yellow.

Walker though handled 10 yards out of the area, clear sending off if you ask me.
Sun 14/12/03 at 03:26
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
rabid wrote:

I just hope Rooney learns from this incident, but I'm not overly confident he will, .. International players in the European championships and future World cups will all be aware of Rooneys potential hot-headedness, and will undoubtably play him on that.
-------------------

You've got it in one mate; he's playing right into their hands.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.