GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Walker walks at the Walkers (archair referees plz read)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 00:30
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Its been a strange day of football with some perhaps odd refereeing decisions, ive named a few of todays premiership incidents and would like to see how you the armchair referee would have called them.

1. Leicesters Matt Elliot elbowing Birminghams David Dunn... deliberate or not? deliberate must surely mean a red card... i think it was deliberate myself.

2. Leicesters Ian Walker handling the ball 10 yards outside his goal area... yellow card or red card? im not 100% sure on the rules of this one but i thought a red card was a little harsh... Birmingham were not about to score.

3. Danny Mills stamping on Di Canios head... deliberate or not? again i think this was totally intentional... he should have been sent off, he got very lucky that no-one saw him (hmm)

4. Wayne Rooney pushing over a Pompey player (unsure who it was sorry) Rooney did walk off the pitch expecting the red card but Uriah Renny only showed the yellow card... right or wrong decision? despite being a big fan of Rooney i think the card should unquestionably have been red.

Just a fun, slightly different thread... will be good to read other opinions on the above incidents :)
Sun 14/12/03 at 00:30
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Its been a strange day of football with some perhaps odd refereeing decisions, ive named a few of todays premiership incidents and would like to see how you the armchair referee would have called them.

1. Leicesters Matt Elliot elbowing Birminghams David Dunn... deliberate or not? deliberate must surely mean a red card... i think it was deliberate myself.

2. Leicesters Ian Walker handling the ball 10 yards outside his goal area... yellow card or red card? im not 100% sure on the rules of this one but i thought a red card was a little harsh... Birmingham were not about to score.

3. Danny Mills stamping on Di Canios head... deliberate or not? again i think this was totally intentional... he should have been sent off, he got very lucky that no-one saw him (hmm)

4. Wayne Rooney pushing over a Pompey player (unsure who it was sorry) Rooney did walk off the pitch expecting the red card but Uriah Renny only showed the yellow card... right or wrong decision? despite being a big fan of Rooney i think the card should unquestionably have been red.

Just a fun, slightly different thread... will be good to read other opinions on the above incidents :)
Sun 14/12/03 at 00:34
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I can’t comment on all these, the only one I have seen is the Rooney incident.

He should have gone. He over reacted and pushed over a player right in front of the ref. Now, I thought that any act of violence towards another player was a red card offence. He did not unintentionally push him, how could he?

All I can say is that I hope he learnt a lot from today, as his manager said.
Sun 14/12/03 at 00:46
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I fully agree with you on this.

He pushed the player over right infront of Uriah Rennie with sufficient force to send the player tumbling backwards onto his bum (he floored him!!)... Rooney then walked straight off the pitch knowing his actions were unacceptable yet the ref only produced a yellow card... very strange decision... i just hope Rooney learns from this incident but im not overly confident he will... International players in the European championships and future World cups will all be aware of Rooneys potential hot headedness and will undoubtably play him on that in a tactical war of attitudes... Rooney really needs to sort this aspect of his game out if he is to realise his true potential and not be a soft touch for rash actions and red cards.
Sun 14/12/03 at 01:13
Regular
The Ian Walker one just made me laugh out loud. Just dont know what must have been going through his mind! Did he just forget he wasnt in his area or what?!

Rooney should have been off, but i remember Robbie Keane getting away with just a booking at Old trafford for doing the same thing to Beckham.

John Terry is still the man though! What an OG!
Sun 14/12/03 at 03:26
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
rabid wrote:

I just hope Rooney learns from this incident, but I'm not overly confident he will, .. International players in the European championships and future World cups will all be aware of Rooneys potential hot-headedness, and will undoubtably play him on that.
-------------------

You've got it in one mate; he's playing right into their hands.
Sun 14/12/03 at 11:57
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The Walker incident was amusing, and i feel the red card was just. As far as i am aware, any keeper who handles outside the area should be sent off in the rules, yet i have already experienced times this season where the keeper has got away with a yellow.

Walker though handled 10 yards out of the area, clear sending off if you ask me.
Sun 14/12/03 at 15:57
Regular
"heh"
I was at the Leicester game, and Walker's incidant was a heat of the moment thing he could of got away with a yellow as he wasn't stopping a goal. But I agreed with the ref and the red was right.
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Walker should have been sent off for handling 10 yards outside the box just for the sheer stupidity of doing it in the first place, forget the fact of it stopping a goal opportunity or not.
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:07
Regular
"heh"
When pressured he doesn't think I remember him picking up a back-pass against Wolves last season.
Sun 14/12/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Notable"
stupid or not hes better than david james by far

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.