GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA: San Andreas"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 09/12/03 at 16:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Is now available!!!! I've heard about a pirate version being circulated around. Ages before its release. And unlike the pirate version of Halflife 2, it apparently works quite well.

I'll post a review if I get my grubby mits on a copy.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Dr Gonzo wrote:

> Which is why I explained what I meant by playable...

Which is why I defined for you what playable really means. You didn't understand? That's OK.

> I strongly suspect by the ignorance of half of that post, that you
> actually have no idea what you are talking about
>
> And I strongly suspect the only reason you ever replied was to say
> "I know some code - aren't I l337!!!1". You've picked up
> on one small point, totally missed the meaning, and ran off on one.

Ah, you admit that really have no idea what you are talking about then. Good on you. As for me, I have the right to speak as I have genuine game programming experience. As a matter of fact I am soon starting work on a UT 2003 mod. May I ask for your credentials?
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:01
Regular
A bridge dissapearing? I'd say that's a pretty big bug for them to let it pass, I think Bob has the right idea :P
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I can safely say I've never had that happen to me. Um, he's not smoking anything is he?
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
gamezfreak wrote:
> The whole of GTA is scripted, All pedestrians do the same thing, just
> randomly walk and say things. Cars come, then vanish as they please
> etc.
>
> Ti's something to waste a few hours on though :P

And there are quite a few bugs as well. My brother just failed a level on Vice City when a bridge disappeared, strangely enough.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:03
Regular
The whole of GTA is scripted, All pedestrians do the same thing, just randomly walk and say things. Cars come, then vanish as they please etc.

Ti's something to waste a few hours on though :P
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> None of the games in this genre 'do it' for me to be honest.

I loved Mafia, although it was quite slow paced. Vice City and GTA or ok timewasters for me. Simplistic, but amusing. I've just got a sick sense of humor.

What I really like is the people that argue "They have created a living, breathing city".

Erm, no. Not at all.

1) Go to a long stretch of road. A freeway is best, but try and find a long stretch without turn offs.

2) Wait for a car to pass you. Keep your eye on it.

3) Wait for it to just pass the draw distance.

4) Speed up after it.

What a suprise, its vanished.

The people and cars exist in a certain radius around the player and nowhere else (if they didn't the game would be unplayable due to speed issues.) Its exactly like the grass on Serious Sam - The Second Encounter.

This was on of the things that really annoyed my about the game when I was desperate for a new car.

The only game so far to create a convincing "real" world is Ultima 7.

Still, it's fun to carjack to the sounds of eighties soul.
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:04
"Darkness, always"
None of the games in this genre 'do it' for me to be honest.
Tue 16/12/03 at 12:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pah, who cares about San Andreas anyway? It'll just play exactly like GTA 3 and Vice City. What I want is Mafia 2, because the original is still one of the finest 3D action games around and beats GTAS in all areas as far as I'm concerned.
Tue 16/12/03 at 02:21
Regular
"cachoo"
I remember seeing some screenshots of San Andreas, it was clearly not the real thing. Hope not anyway, it looked crap!
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Lipe wrote:
> *sheesh* LH is always getting into arguments...

We could be his cheerleading team or something.

I'll get my skirt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.