GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics card advice?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/12/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My dads mate was round earlier and he is planning to get his son a new graphics card to go with some new games he has got him - namely an imported copy of Final fantasy 11 (or whatever one it is)

He was looking at the Radeon 9600 pro, 9700 and 9800 pro.

Just wondered which graphics card out of these (or a better suggestion) for the price and where would you say is the best place to get them.

Put simply I know very little about them and guess a few people on here do.

Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
Tue 09/12/03 at 00:30
The only gripe I have with them is that they never answer any email queries. So if you're looking at cheap prices at the expense of customer service, then... eBuyer's your store.
Tue 09/12/03 at 00:26
"I love yo... lamp."
Never bought a graphics card from Ebuyer, but I bought a router from them last week and it arrived exactly when they said it would, working and with all items in my order.

I really can't complain about them.
Tue 09/12/03 at 00:22
Regular
"relocated"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Best place to buy em from is www.ebuyer.co.uk.

That is the WORST place to buy them from. Try tekheads or overclockers, anything but ebuyer.
Mon 08/12/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Doesn't mind how much is spent, Wants the best peformance - Radeon
> 9800pro
> Wants the best value but good performance for his money - Radeon
> 9600PRO
>
> Best place to buy em from is www.ebuyer.co.uk.

Actually 9800XT is the best performance card, but at a good £350 it maybe be too expensive.

http://www.pcindex.co.uk/

Has a few different websites so you can compare prices.
Mon 08/12/03 at 22:20
Regular
I own a Radeon 9600pro and i'm very pleased with the peformance that it offers. The only factor I can think of that concerns the choosing of one is how much does he intend to spend on the graphics card?

A Radeon 9800PRO can set you back over £200 which is a tad expensive.

Also take note, The radeon 9700 is a discontinued card, ATI decided to stop making em for some reason, along with the 9500.

So i'll put it into context: -

Doesn't mind how much is spent, Wants the best peformance - Radeon 9800pro
Wants the best value but good performance for his money - Radeon 9600PRO

Best place to buy em from is www.ebuyer.co.uk.
Mon 08/12/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My dads mate was round earlier and he is planning to get his son a new graphics card to go with some new games he has got him - namely an imported copy of Final fantasy 11 (or whatever one it is)

He was looking at the Radeon 9600 pro, 9700 and 9800 pro.

Just wondered which graphics card out of these (or a better suggestion) for the price and where would you say is the best place to get them.

Put simply I know very little about them and guess a few people on here do.

Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.