GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics card advice?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/12/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My dads mate was round earlier and he is planning to get his son a new graphics card to go with some new games he has got him - namely an imported copy of Final fantasy 11 (or whatever one it is)

He was looking at the Radeon 9600 pro, 9700 and 9800 pro.

Just wondered which graphics card out of these (or a better suggestion) for the price and where would you say is the best place to get them.

Put simply I know very little about them and guess a few people on here do.

Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
Wed 10/12/03 at 20:57
SOrry to undermine your post tiga... dabs are great I suppose
Wed 10/12/03 at 20:56
uk.insight.com - whwe I bought my laptop, MS software and other stuff. They seem to have very competitive prices, though P&P is £10 - but desoite this, items are STILL cheaper than with, for example, dabs.com.
Wed 10/12/03 at 19:45
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
*Whispers...

D-A-B-S dot COM
Wed 10/12/03 at 12:01
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I've had nothing but infinite problems with Ebuyer, but I keep going back because their website is very useful, their range is good (with notable exceptions) and they don't charge the earth for shipping. However their customer service is dogfood, the reliability of the parts they ships is outstandingly bad and their restrictive customer policies make dealing with them a real headache, time after time. I keep telling myself "this is the last time, this is the last time" but I fall into their trap over and over again because overclockers charge a fortune for shipping, Dabs' website is unusably poor and everywhere else is either poor choice of stock or too expensive.

Having said all this, I would definetly advise against Ebuyer if you're buying a graphics card. Go to overclockers.co.uk, they have a much better selection.
Tue 09/12/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Digging!"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> And I don't find their choice or prices poor at all. Just my 2p.

Compare all there prices with overclockers, you will find overclockers are always cheeper.
Tue 09/12/03 at 17:44
Just ask them something. Make up a problem, ask for a recently released item for tem to stock, anything. They won't reply.
Tue 09/12/03 at 17:43
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I've filled Ebuyers pockets will a fair old whack of dosh over the past few months and I can't complain.

- All parts have arrived on time and in first-rate condition.
- A pre-modded case I bought from them was missing a neon strip light. I sent them one quick e-note and not only did they send out a replacement light...it was actually a high-spec'd device that what should've come with the case!

And I don't find their choice or prices poor at all. Just my 2p.
Tue 09/12/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Digging!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I've heard mixed opinions about ebuyer, some good and some bad.
>
> I bought a processor from them earlier this year with no problems.

The problem with Ebuyer is they have a rubbish selection of cards which are overpriced.
Tue 09/12/03 at 12:03
Regular
I've heard mixed opinions about ebuyer, some good and some bad.

I bought a processor from them earlier this year with no problems.
Tue 09/12/03 at 00:30
Regular
"relocated"
Just pray that nothing goes wrong because the only company with a worse customer service is aria.

In my opinion of course.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.