GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insomnia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/12/03 at 17:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
After being cooped up ill on my own for the last week or so (with no family to wait on me hand and foot), I've had a lot of trouble sleeping. In fact, for the last two nights on the trot, I've not slept a wink. Five minutes at the most, plus the odd half hour during the day is all I've had, due to the weird 'nasal drip' illness I have - sounds nice, no?

Anyway, my point is, I now truly understand how excruciating it must be to be a proper insomniac, not being able to sleep when that's all you want to do. I almost went mad last night just trying to keep my emotions in check - it's natural to try and fall asleep, but when your body doesn't let you, your brain starts freaking out. I've only been like this for two nights, imagine what it'd be like for a lifetime? Utter, utter torture. I can't wait until I can get back to sleep again (hardcore drugs are helping me here) but until I do, I'm starting to dread the end of the day when I have to try to go to sleep.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, it probably explains the lack of updates around here anyway :)

Anyone else here have trouble sleeping?
Tue 23/12/03 at 16:38
Regular
"the burning sky"
It seems i have a problem staying awake, i goto bed about 10pm every night, but as soon as i am there i fall asleep almost instanly, when i'd really like to stay up and watch TV or read etc... i'll swap with someone :P
Fri 19/12/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Solskjær wrote:
> I think I had a closer taste of what it's all about last night,
> though. Last night, I REALLY couldn't get to sleep! All I could do
> was lie there. I was thinking of any one-thing, but all-sorts of
> different things were, sort of, "flashing" across my mind,
> without any kind of `Focus´ on a particular one.

Lay off the E and microdots ;)
Fri 19/12/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I often have trouble getting to sleep, but I wouldn't call it `Insomnia´. It's more likelily to do with having not done to much on those certain days, and, therefore, I am not as tired, and do not need as much rest as I would on a busy-day.

And I bet it's a similar case for most of you saying "Yeah, I get Insomnia".

I think I had a closer taste of what it's all about last night, though. Last night, I REALLY couldn't get to sleep! All I could do was lie there. I was thinking of any one-thing, but all-sorts of different things were, sort of, "flashing" across my mind, without any kind of `Focus´ on a particular one.

It took me a couple of hours to actually get to sleep - my dad, crashing through the door as 12:30am didn't help! - but I also realised things about myself and my life, and now, I'm in a good mood, today.

But, if you ARE an "Insomniac", and you want it all to go-away, I think we all know exactly what you need...

FIGHT CLUB!! The answer to everything! ;D
Wed 17/12/03 at 03:16
I get it every night... very annoying now, seeing as I practically sleep in most days until noon, or even later - I've missed a ton of lectures.
Wed 17/12/03 at 03:04
Regular
i've got it tonight.... getting on my nerves.
Thu 11/12/03 at 14:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
Darkus wrote:
> Mr Snuggly wrote:
>
> Think I'll be
> better tonight, dropped a few pills earlier...
>
> Going raving again? "this is the sound of
> Scoooooottteeerrrrr!"
> You left your white gloves and glow sticks at your desk again..

Where'd the Ninja go? Or whatever it was that made you 'black'...
Thu 11/12/03 at 13:44
Regular
"..."
Mr Snuggly wrote:

Think I'll be
> better tonight, dropped a few pills earlier...

Going raving again? "this is the sound of Scoooooottteeerrrrr!"
You left your white gloves and glow sticks at your desk again..
Wed 10/12/03 at 16:25
Regular
it's all well and good eating one egg a day, but the only thing you'd be fit for is changing the channel on the telly with a remote control.
Wed 10/12/03 at 14:14
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Yeah but he was probably a tw@t.

I bet he was more of a clever dick than a twa-
Tue 09/12/03 at 17:53
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Black Glove wrote:

> I mean, I once read about Luigi Cornaro who advocated a sparing diet
> as a recipe for a long and healthy life. All he ate every day was one
> egg. He died age 99. So just what is possible?

Yeah but he was probably a tw@t.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.