GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bowling For Columbine"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/12/03 at 18:09
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Did anyone see this last night? Just interested in what people make of it all, I found it to be really educational and thought provoking. Haven't really got time to discuss it in great lengths at the minute, but some of the stats were really quite shocking, just want to know what people thought of it.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:59
Regular
kittworld wrote:
> So in America within 3 days there will have been more deaths
> involving guns than in the UK for a whole year.

Yes but doesn't the USA have about 200 million more people then Britain?
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:59
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I found it to be one of my fav. movies ever. (yes i know it's a documentary)
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Teal'c"
Oh sorry, never mind, I've been watching Enterprise and it's rotted my brain.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Teal'c"
How did you work that one out?
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:39
Regular
It was really good, and a lot of what was said was true. They always try and put the blame on something, violent history (the British having an Empire never made me want to go and kill people), games, films etc but there is always another country that has the same history or exposure to violent movies etc but doesnt have so many gun related deaths.

One thing I found interesting was that in Canada they have guns as well but they don't seem to have lots of gun related deaths (I think when they mean they leave their doors unlocked, that is when they are at home not when they are not - i think?) like in America. So it seems to be more than just allowing people to buy guns. Did you see that south park like animation? It was really good and the bits they showed about Americans going nuts over everything like Y2K (I dont think anyone in the UK went nuts and stocked up on everything, I was busy drawing)

I can't remember all the figures but it was rather suprising, death related gun crimes each year;

Australia - 65
UK - 68
America - 11,100 (0 = can't remember exact number)

So in America within 3 days there will have been more deaths involving guns than in the UK for a whole year.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
It's a fantastic movie however I find it quite hard to chose a side. He clearly conveys the message that although it's every Americans right to have a gun and every Americans duty to use it responsibly. No one would have this duty if guns were simply done away with. Even the ones who do use guns responsibly simply cause fear, distrust and simply having them around gives people the chance to harm each other when they lose it. In short. He doesn't want people to use guns responsibly, he just doesn't want them to have guns!

I can see the point of view of many of the other people though and I thought it was really unfair how he picked and chose who he interviewed and what things he chose to use. Of course all documentaries are slanted to one point of view but I still haven't decided whether I agree with his.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Teal'c"
It was good, but I wouldn’t buy it. It was interesting the first time round, there really wouldn’t be much point watching again, Chips.
Sun 07/12/03 at 19:08
"period drama"
That's some good sheet
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
"ARGH! MY GOD! KILLER BEES"

No, I thought it was amazing. It's on order from Amazon too.
Sun 07/12/03 at 18:09
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Did anyone see this last night? Just interested in what people make of it all, I found it to be really educational and thought provoking. Haven't really got time to discuss it in great lengths at the minute, but some of the stats were really quite shocking, just want to know what people thought of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.