GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw 3 - squeamish?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/10/06 at 12:08
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6101704.stm[/URL]

I don't think I want to go see this now :(

I'm such a wuss.
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:30
Regular
I think as horrors go, the thing, is king :P
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:30
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Not that bad as far as I'm concerned. Seen worse in Romero stuff
> and some of the Hellraiser movies.
>
> You won't like it though Bullet.

I enjoyed the first two, they weren't too extreme. I'll still watch it, just doubt I'll go to the cinema - it's very easy to make me jump and I hate jumping in Cinemas, feel like a right wuss...
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:29
Regular
"8==="
Is that the bit when the guy gets the umbrella in the balls? :D
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:28
Regular
That singing in the rain part was pretty funny.....
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:26
Regular
Clockwork Orange isn't disturbing ... it just caused a lot of controversy when it was released ...

a) because it kind of glorifies rape, violence and crime

and

b) some people decided to 'copycat' the film, so Stanley Kubrick withdrew it to save getting it in the neck from the torch igniting public.
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:24
Regular
Is this movie more or less disturbing than A clockwork Orange which I was told was disturbing but was actually as tame as a cuddly kitten :)
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:21
Regular
"8==="
Heh, some gangster movie where a guy gets rogered to death with a pool cue.

Owie. :D
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:13
Regular
Y'know it's funny what makes you squeamish. That film, though sick, didn't really make me squirm all that much.

Yet something like Jaws where that guy gets bit in half on the boat ... or the axe in the chest scene in the shining ... *shudders*

I think the worst thing for making me feel that way ever was in the film Gangster No.1, where it shows some guy getting hacked up with an axe .. but it shows it from the victims point of view. Made me feel sick.

Also .. 28 days later where that girl hacks up her partner with a Machete ... "ARE YOU BITTEN??" ... yeck ...
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:08
Regular
"8==="
Not that bad as far as I'm concerned. Seen worse in Romero stuff and some of the Hellraiser movies.

You won't like it though Bullet.

As long as it isn't people getting their veins yanked out of their bodies I'm not really squeamish about it. Funnily enough the worst veins thing I can remember is from a Nightmare on Elmstreet movie. :D

Master of puppets...
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:01
Regular
I enjoyed it for the most part, would watch it again I think, though the ending was a bit far fetched. Pretty good story though - plenty of flashbacks to the earlier films.

I've only seen the first film before this and it's a similar thing ... truck loads of horrible deaths you see coming a mile off, so it's not really one to make you jump. Can't see why people fainted, think that's a hype stunt or an exaggeration ... I think the film Final Destination 3 made me jump and squirm more.

The gore I thought, apart from the odd occasion I won't mention (see for yourself :P), was kept to a low level (considering it's an 18) through quick camera cuts. A lot of it is left to the imagination.

Good though, might grab the trilogy when it appears on DVD.

Now to see the second one which I missed ....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.