GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft Office and OneNote"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/12/03 at 18:56
Well, I've only just installed the former, but wow, the improvements are great! OK, I suppose there isn't much difference for most of the packages other than the lovely blue theme (and it is easy on the eye), but Outlook and its new layout is sensational.

More on OneNote after I stop playing with the entire suite.
Thu 04/12/03 at 23:54
Yeah, I have SuSe, it's just that it doesn't work on the laptop I want to install it on. And I have no floppies either.
Thu 04/12/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Um.

I installed mine off a bootable CD. Booting a non-bootable CD would be very difficult. You need to make yourself a GRUB boot floppy in Windows (google for grub boot floppy rawrite2), then put it in your floppy drive and boot up.

I don't know if I can remember the relevant commands though. I might be able to find them out for you though.

Can't you just do the 2-floppy network install? What is your computer setup like?

Wholly the best idea is to get a bootable CD though. Debian is a dynamic distribution, any copy of it on CD or DVD is guaranteed to be out of date and would need updating from the Internet anyway.

However if you're new to Linux I would suggest SuSE.
Thu 04/12/03 at 22:17
Meh, I no pirate.

Anyway I need to ask you something Rob, seeing as you also have Debian Linux - how did you install it in the first place? I've got a double sided DVD which, unlike commercial distros, oesn't boot with an installer to mkae things nice and simple. I've already made space for Linux (20GB oky?), what next?
Thu 04/12/03 at 22:13
Regular
"How Handy."
Office 2003 has been out a while rob..
Thu 04/12/03 at 21:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Is this beta warez or a leaked release version?
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:36
And I'm sure they've tweaked the Arial font a bit, it somehow looks different. Anyway, I'll be trying OneNote later.
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:03
Lovely blue... Yes, can see that from the back of the box, a sky blue/white sort of look. Should be aliright once you get used to it.

That OneNote sounds alright, dont know whether I'd use it much though???
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:00
The main difference is blue, lots of blue instead of the usual grey/whitish colour in previous Offices. Outlook has been redesigned, and is much more easy to use (especially after receiving 1000+emails like I have today).

OneNote is a research program - it allows you to collect a host of different data files of different formats onto one page for convenience, and supports ink writing as well.
Thu 04/12/03 at 19:53
Whats OneNote about???
I got the Student and Teacher Edition of Office 2003 and it gives you the option to update and get Access and OneNote for about 30 euros each. I'm getting Access but whats this OneNote about?
Thu 04/12/03 at 19:47
This is the new 2003 edition is it? Its like the new hotmail layout isn't it.
Got it from SR last week and am awaiting my new Maxx PC in order to install it, can't be bothered to put it on my current one.
Is it any good? Any thing really different from XP or 2000?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.