GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution Details and Mock-Up Video"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/05/05 at 23:35
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Details [URL] http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613493p1.html?ui=rssFeed [/URL]. Basically just says that it will be small, about the size of 3 DVD cases stacked on top of each other and that it will use standard DVDs. It will also be WI-FI ready and will play hi-def games.

[URL] http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578/vids_1.html [/URL] for the video. Not seen it myself so let me know if it's any good - I only have dial-up so you lot will probably beat me to it.

Edit: The controllers are wireless aswell.
Sun 15/05/05 at 00:05
Regular
It did look rather smart though. Ahead of its time and playable with a wireless system as well.

Hmmmm.
Sat 14/05/05 at 20:11
"period drama"
gerrid wrote:
> The style of that video is exactly what Nintendo need. Maybe not the
> content, though.

And you can tell that Ninty themselves won't be able to pull something so professional off.
Sat 14/05/05 at 15:02
Regular
"the burning sky"
Mozzy wrote:
> Thats strange, it started playing straight away when I clicked on the
> video.
>
> Anyway, great video.

Slightly marred by the Mario bit at the end. But other than that it is believable. Until you consider that teh VR stuff shown would result in you wearing your carpet out and banging yourself all the time - not to mention, looking absolutely stuping.
Sat 14/05/05 at 14:59
Regular
"Mozzy"
Thats strange, it started playing straight away when I clicked on the video.

Anyway, great video.
Sat 14/05/05 at 11:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The style of that video is exactly what Nintendo need. Maybe not the content, though.
Sat 14/05/05 at 00:09
"period drama"
That must have taken a serious amount of fanboy geekwork.
Sat 14/05/05 at 00:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
While the news is authentic the video isn't. IGN even says so on the site. "The video is not real, but some fans probably wish it were."

Technically, I applaude whoever made the video, it's a great piece of 3D animation and it looks Nintendo's style - drawing on what's gone before and how they've revolutionised in the past, and that pan out from the one Peach's castle is brilliance :D
Sat 14/05/05 at 00:02
"period drama"
He looks more like Luigi in Mario's clothes.
Couldn't see much, thanks to the godawful windows media player stuttering all over the place.

Quicktime version anywhere?
Fri 13/05/05 at 23:57
I waited 5 minutes of downloading, then a further 3 of dramatic music to be greeted with a BREADMAKER. Goddamn.

And whoever rendered that anim of Mario has made him far too wooden. Like a wasted opportunity.
Fri 13/05/05 at 23:57
"period drama"
Yeah but then look at the very end bit - looks far too professional.
In-game graphics, of uber Metroid and Mario it seems.

And the actual console presentation is very sleek, not some amatuer rush-job.
Consoles looks very weird - and, what, it sits on the floor, and you've also got a pair of flashy glasses? Looks like motion detection as well, which is a bit rubbish.

Mmmmm ... bit of an odd one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.